RV 51% ($26,992)
MF .00042
$500 down (equity on current lease)
$4,450 untaxed incentives
$595 Acq Fee
$300 Dlr Fees
$70 License/Reg
7.25% tax, monthly

I get $475/mo all in with $1,395 drive off.

Dealer has me at $550 or so with all otherwise the same as above.

I know the MDX isn’t all that popular here, but I like it and there’s a good chance we would opt to buy at the end and then turn over a paid off car to the kiddo when its time for them to drive. I think an Acura has a damn good shot of getting there (8 years to go) and still being safe when the time comes.

I think the dealer is having a hard time getting to the sale price here, as found on Edmunds. When I run the calc this way - am I mistakenly figuring the incentive twice? Is the $46,245 pre-incentive realistic on this car? I think it is, given that the design is near end of life. I’d be willing to hit adjacent states too.

Link here: Calculator

@Gilgame24 I’m assuming this dealer is Jody Wilkinson SLC?

1 Like

Mike Hale, also SLC. I can be pretty lazy - Hale is closer and I have family that has purchased there that I can probably finagle the dealer into offering a referral gift to them.

Deals here in Utah are few and far between if u are open to looking out of state you may have better luck any time i have tried to lease here dealers quotes were garbage. Most of them didn"t understand how to calculate a lease payment there math was just to fuzzy i saved my self time and a lot of headache i only lease out of state now. Good luck

1 Like

Where have you had the best luck, just out of curiosity? Vegas, Denver, Cali? I figure even though it tacks on a day’s drive to bring a car back or a heavy transport fee, CA might be it since there’s a few thousand Acura dealers out there.

I would Target So Cali but Denver might work also try Idaho as well if there are Acura dealers. Time start carpet bombing them with emails.

1 Like

You’re most likely double counting the dealer incentive. The true dealer discounted selling price is probably closer to $48,475. This calculator link should be pretty close:

2 Likes

@ElectricEliminator is very likely correct. Direct-to-dealer incentives typically don’t show up as a separate line item on your quote or contract; instead they are baked into the selling price.

Ofc for LH purposes we want to separate them to see what the actual dealer discount is.

If this is your intention, there’s a MUCH better approach available here:

Have a dealer structure the lease using the full fat MF of .00225 that Acura offers with the larger direct to dealer incentive. The lease cost will be the same, but the capitalized cost will be thousands lower. Then, immediately buy out the lease.

4 Likes

thats what im trying to set up for my in laws, use the 5% apr to get the bigger rebate and do an early buyout. called acura financial to make sure there were no penalties for an early buyout which they said no. they were worried about inventory too, and looking at cargurus there’s over 3k available nationwide with a new model coming in a few months. seems like a solid deal for an appliance vehicle that they dont care about the new gen coming.