Can someone explain the discrepancy b/w the LeaseHacker calculator and other calcualtors?

This is the deal that I’m currently working on:

New 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC.
MSRP: $36995
Selling price: $27000 (hypothetically - this is what I’m aiming for)
MF: .00008
Residual value: 58%
No money towards lowering the cap cost, but I’ll be paying title, registration, and other fees up front.
Sales tax 8.75%

When I put this deal into the LH calculator, I get $237/mo incl. tax, but when I use other calculators, including the one I created in Excel, I get closer to $360/mo incl. tax.

Any reason?

Is there reason you think you can get 27% (!) off of MSRP on a pretty base CLA?

2 Likes

It’s a 2016 that has been on the lot for awhile. Obviously, this is best case scenario. I’m content with 10-15% off MSRP, but I’m just playing around with numbers right now.

Are you sure they even still lease the 16’s?

The programs will not be the same as the 17’s!

They do. Here are some CLAs loaners with about 9-10% off:

And here are 2016 leases:

1 Like

You probably messed up a number in you excel sheet or other websites. I get the lower (actually less but don’t know what you’re rolling into the payment) number in three different calculators using your values. I would guess your terms are different in the other calculators.

Something else to consider is if they reported the vehicle as sold to collect on volume money from the manufacturer, it will not be able to be leased. It may still show on their site, but typically, older units have been punched already… Ask before you proceed.

And, I am trying to understand the 27% off of MSRP. Where did that come from again? is it an arbitrary number you conceived or something you have seen? I find a lot of shoppers will set a budget, then shop for what the want, which is completely out of the budget and want the dealer to fit what they want into the budget.

In fact, I had a customer inquire about a $55K truck and said he couldn’t imagine paying more than $30k for it… Actual occurrence…

Thanks for the response. April is the last month they are leasing it. I would have to go get the deal done today or tomorrow, but I decided against it.

27% off MSRP was a pipe dream, but it was something to strive for. I was really looking for like 15% off MSRP given it sat on their lot all year and they were motivated to get rid of it. But I think there was a bit of tomfoolery going on honestly. Their website said the car was listed as $36995 MSRP, but the sales guy said it was a mistake and the actual MSRP was like $41250, yet he mysteriously was going to give it to me at the $36995 after incentives.

So yeah I got a bad vibe and decided to not do business with them.

Dream weaver, I believe you can leasehack this …