Can my spouse purchase my Audi lease for payoff amount?

Hi there, I am in Oregon. I am 11 months into a 3 year lease of an Audi Etron. I’m wondering if Audi will allow my spouse to buyout the vehicle for the payoff amount shown in the Audi payment portal. If it is through a credit union for financing is there anything I should know to help it go smooth? Thanks in advance for all input and help.

This would be better answered by calling Audi Financial.

3 Likes

Is your spouse currently on the lease? What state are you in?

1 Like

Just did this with BMW Financial.
Family member bought my car from me via used auto private party financing through a CU.
Specified the payoff to BMW, got check for me as the seller base on the selling price, another check for bmw financial and both buyer and seller names on it.
Sent that overnight to BMW and received confirmation of payoff and account terminated status several days later.

You can also do joint financing, where your name has to be on the loan with your spouse, so that you bank has no issue with paying off the Audi lease in your sole name.

Several ways of doing this, depending on desired outcome.

1 Like

Spouse is not currently on the lease. I am in Oregon. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I am wanting this vehicle off of my credit so would prefer not to be on the loan. Trying to figure out if maybe there is a way to be on the title for Audi to stick to my payoff. My spouse wanted to go through a credit union for a good interest rate but could this be handled at an Audi dealer to make it happen? Just wanting to see if anybody has experience or knowledge with this.

The first post is correct.

Call audi financial.

I’m surprised you didn’t acknowledge them.

Bmw allowed household but idk about audi

1 Like

I did a post to hear peoples experiences since Audi can be funny when it comes to buyouts. I didn’t post to a forum to be told to call Audi financial so didn’t think it needed to be addressed. That eventually would happen in the process regardless and goes without saying. I was only seeking preliminary info of people’s experiences to see if it was even something we wanted to consider. A lot that is said on the forum can be solved by calling but people share experiences all the time.

It depends on the State mostly. Lots of states have a ‘family transfer’ but I didn’t see one on Oregon.
But then Oregon doesn’t have a sales tax. So other than a small transfer fee, is there any other issues?

1 Like

As far as I know Audi doesn’t care where the check comes from but when they issue the title it will be in your name.

Going through an Audi dealer isnt going to change anything other than you’ll probably be charged a doc fee.

So your wife gets the loan from the credit union, they pay off the lease with the instructions you get from AFS, and AFS mails the title to the credit union.

At this point you’ll have to work with the credit union and/or local DMV to get the title transferred from your name to your wife’s, as mentioned above in most states this is possible without any taxes but you’ll have to check.

2 Likes

Was this resolved? Thinking about this for Volvo Financial.

Did you see on the VCFS payoff form if it’s being titled in anyone else’s name you must call…?