Can I use this info from the carfax report as leverage for a bigger discount?

Honestly, for $505 a month and 1000 due at signing, i’ll live with it. I don’t think I’ll find those numbers anywhere else although I’m happy to be proven wrong. I do agree though that the explorer is subpar—ESPECIALLY for a 60k price tag which is mind numbing.

May be the best price on an explorer st, but that doesn’t make the explorer worth $540/month. That’s just too much money, imo, for the rental car fleet treatment Ford did here

So then how much would this lease be objectively worth? Which SUV that specifically compares with the ST would I be able to get for a $500 payment and 15k miles? X3 and X5 that @StingerTT mentioned will not be close in price.

1 Like

So you’re going into this whole thing knowing that the vehicle is subpar and you’ll live with it? What am I missing here?

When I say subpar, It was within the context of other 60k SUVs. The ST specifically is not subpar for a 500 dollar payment. I don’t necessarily mean that the car is inherently subpar and that no amount of money will justify it.

BMW does a damage adjustment waiver. Those are the sweetest deals.

Not lately. :grimacing:

I understand what you’re saying. I just don’t understand why you’re doing it. I’d rather have a cheaper vehicle that checked all the boxes than one with a higher msrp that I felt mediocre about. Ymmv I guess.

You answered your own question right there.

1 Like

This depends largely on your metrics for what makes the explorer appealing at all. Is the engine/performance you key metric here or are other things, like how the vehicle drives, comfort, quality of materials, etc. Short of the HP figures, the explorer st doesn’t offer much of anything compelling.

Care to elaborate?

So true. It’s not that fast, should be faster for the power it has, ride quality is average, interior is average, price is too high and it looks like a rental car.

If you call that average, I’d hate to see sub-average. Maybe average for 10 years ago.

It is a rental car.

When the car has a damage disclosure the dealer knocks off another 7k-9k off the sales price of the vehicle to adjust. The end result is a much cheaper lease.

1 Like

That’s good to know, inquired about a damaged bmw loaner (bumper damage and repaired). They were transparent about the damage history- but wouldn’t discount it any more than a new demo(no carfax history) vehicle in addition to max markup of MF and no MSDs…

Two days later it sold, so maybe someone came by and bought it.

Yea and we all know if someone turned around and tried to trade it in no dealer would touch it because of the damage history and give you $10,000 less on trade…

I’ve never seen a “damage adjustment waiver.” What I typically would see on a damaged loaner/factory car is a disclosure that has to be shared with clients. Those vehicles are always adjusted against market price and always become extremely good leases for a savvy buyer.

Same with Volvo, damage disclosure, discount adjustment, often make for sick deals. Residual value isn’t affected by accidents or bad title with VolvoFS, and they’ll buy the lease. You have no idea how many wasted phone calls that took :skull_and_crossbones:

We still remember your agonizing over a possible deal for a damaged V60CC