Can i sell my lease car to same brand dealership?

Hi
I have 2021 genesis G80
I leased this vehicle last june.
I know that not allowed sell my car to third party.
I do not want buyout to genesis financial don’t want paying tax.
Can i sell my car to any genesis(hyundai)dealership?
I don’t need pay tax if can it?

doSpecify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory.

If your question relates to lease-end purchases with the intention to own, post under the Buy/Finance sub-category and tag “lease-end-purchase”.

Please tag if your question involves a specialized topic (e.g. tax, legal, shipping, 3rd-party-buyout, lease-transfer, etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

There have been a few posts about people selling their lease reruns back to the dealership and those dealers getting close to the Carvana (and others) prices.

I don’t know if that is state specific.

he’s posted a similar question 5 months ago…so it might not be as clear cut as it seems.

Yes, my lease was up January 6, 2022 on my VW and I did not want to buy it or return it, so I went to 4-5 different VW dealerships and sold it to the one that gave me the most. If I would of sold it to Carvana, Carmax, etc, I would’ve had negative equity since VW has that huge Third Party Buyout fee, but selling it to them directly, no fee, so basically sold it at Reisdual and I got a check 5 days later with my equity.

Sold my restricted lease last month, Sold one to Nissan Dealer

AFAIK you can sell to any dealer that’s part of the Hyundai Financial network, such as:

Genesis dealers
Hyundai dealers
Kia dealers
RODO if they have any of the above dealers in their network
Ditto for Autonation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.