Can I lease out my Audi on TURO?

I’m considering to rent out my lease Audi (registered owner is AFS). Is it prohibited in the lease term? I plan to buy out the vehicle in the end. I have concerns about liability if someone get into accident etc.

No, you can’t. Buy it out first if you really think this is a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t know the legal aspect of it but wouldn’t TURO coverage protect you if something happens to the car!!

If OP reads their lease contract, specifically the Assignment clause, you’ll see why the answer is no.

2 Likes

You can put a beater on Turo after protecting yourself from liability first, but definitely not a nice personal car where you’ll notice all the wear that assholes put on it.

1 Like

I always wondered about liability and the insurance turo provides. Any insight on what the best way to protect personal assets if you rent out a car on Turo ?

That’s a question for a very, very good lawyer. But that’s only half of it.

The second part, as an owner, is apparently to protect yourself from Turo itself. I read a Reddit thread from a guy who started super early and knew all the intricacies of Turo’s T&C; he said keeping up with the constant changes, mostly designed to fuck over the owners, was his biggest headache

I’ve never heard from someone who rented their car out on Turo and had something positive to say about the experience.

Never considered that you could get screwed from the Turo side as well.

2 Likes

Figuratively and literally :dash:

1 Like

Thank you for all the replies. I’m not gonna do it then :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.