Can I get this Payment lower? New to this game guys

What was the MSRP on the A3? Do you recall the MF?

Honestly brother I donā€™t. At the time I had no clue what I was doing. I think the msrp was in the 40ā€™s

Thatā€™s a few boat payments for someone, and Iā€™m assuming itā€™s 48 months. So whatā€™s the other car in this equation? You should just drive the A3 until the miles are used up then reevaluate(maybe it gets totaled!), couldnā€™t get any worse, plus it sounds like you have another mystery car that you havenā€™t disclosed.

Agreed. Glc is fine for 1 kid, but once they get in rear facing seats (around a year), youā€™ll have major issues.

11k negative on the a3 is a disaster.

A Jetta isnā€™t much better than an A3 for the 2 kids. Perhaps a better cheap lease is one of those Terrain/Equinox leases for $199. Are they still doing those ?

Not for the kids, him. Iā€™m suggesting he hang onto the A3 and equalize the miles with something else. Oh and I doubt heā€™ll get her in a GM product after looking at benz and lexus

Donā€™t know if that would save very much?

$563 for the A3
$199 for something else
Lets say what? $495-$550 for a Lexus/Merc SUV

Plus the insurance and costs of running 3 cars ā€¦vs an $800 payment for the GLC?

1 Like

Sounds pretty terrible anyway you slice it, he got hosed on that A3

While OP got bent over on the A3, heā€™s doing the right thing by coming to a place that can help guide him in making the right decision next time aroundā€¦

With that said, I hope his partner would agree with him that making a smart financial decision and dealing with the 11k in negative equity should take precedence. They can always get a Mercedes later on. Beautiful thing about leases is that they go backā€¦

Congrats on twins, by the way!

3 Likes

Leave the Audi in an undesirable place. Unlocked. Far less upside down.

2 Likes

I say keep the A3, you already got screwed royally on that deal. An 11k hit is insane. People use to survive with cars the A3 size with much bigger family before. A crossover/SUV is certainly more convenient but not a necessity for twins. Donā€™t buy into the fad especially if having to do so is a poor financial move. 3 years later the RX and GLC will still be around.

PS. Whatā€™s so great about audiā€™s anyway, a few years ago, nobody wanted one. Today i just dont get the hype.

That 11k is around 300 a month over 36 months. Surely thereā€™s an acceptable family vehicle that would suffice for 24 or 36 months at around 300 bucks a month that would allow you to keep the Audi and not get killed rolling all of that in? Unless it has to have a luxury badge on it. Just seems like you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater here, pun intended.

put it up on swapalease, ask for a one pay of 12k for someone to take it over. It will save you 3300 bucks.

They fit in the back (barely) but the double stroller does not fit in the back whatsoever. Thatā€™s the main issue. Can I afford these prices theyā€™re giving me? Yeah, but i just want to make the best out of this ā€œnegativeā€ situation. Lol.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Iā€™m just trying to make the best of this situation. I understand itā€™s going to be tough, so I want to work it the best way for us. Do you guys think thereā€™s room for a $700-750 payment? that way itā€™s only about $200 more than the Audi.

Just my two cents but my buddy was in the same boat not quite 11k but he was negative on a suv by about 8500. He rolled negative equity into a shitty deal and ended up with a 650 a month lease payment on a 25k vehicle. I worked with a local dodge dealer seeing them at the rams had about 4000 in incentives. Getting them down on the price of the truck plus stacked incentives they bought his suv and he came away with a 350 a month lease payment.

That doesnā€™t sounds possible. The $8500 in negative equity on a 36 month lease is already $236/mo. Never seen any RAM deal for $114/mo.

Dodge Journey is your friend here.

You got hosed on the A3. And I bet you put money down on that too, right? Ugly ugly ugly.

1 Like

Where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a way

2 Likes

:rofl: lol think outside the box