Can I get some equity in my 2021 XC60 Volvo for a new Volvo lease or purchase?

, , ,

Hey Hackers,

Wanted your help to understand whether my 2021 XC60 T5 currently with 24k miles lease due in Feb/24 VIN YV4102RK5M1764699 with residual of $27,370.20, monthly payment of $554 and buyout/lease turn in fee of $350 can give me some equity in leasing or purchasing a new Volvo. Have a Costco membership and Morgan Stanley discount to stack on top of it too.

Given firms that do 3rd party buyouts such as CarMax and other don’t buy Volvo, I don’t have much of a benchmark.

Ideally I would understand this and work with some of the brokers to get a deal.

Appreciate your help on this!!

If you don’t have any equity, (most volvos don’t), you can do a Pull ahead right now where volvo will take your car in and forgive the last few payments (max of 6) if you lease another Volvo.

You can still get quotes as you own the car and see if you have any equity. Then you take that quote to a dealer or ask brokers to match.

2 Likes

Carvana $31,400 CarMax $28,400. In both cases I simulated selling it (didn’t mark as leased vehicle), which means if I pay sales tax and sell the vehicle I would have about $1 to $1.5k equity.

Should I try banking on that with a broker?

Also, if I get another lease, will my turn in lease be due of $350 get waived?

Yeah that’s what I thought!

Ask to match or whatever they give, but then they have to buy your car. $350 is waved with pull-ahead or purchase.

Just remember, if they won’t give you at least $2000 ($550x3 + $350 ) in equity, you might as well do the pull ahead as it is the same amount.

Right, thanks for the note. I think they will hardly give me more than that.

I thought about just waiting until Feb, but we never know the deals ans programs such as Costco, that will be available by then… For now it seems there are good deals out there for XC60 and XC90