Can I change my address on my lease?

So I’m leasing a taco and my driver’s license says my parents address but I currently live near a university in a different county. The property tax between these two places is 2x apart. They are saying the lease address has to match my drivers license. So is it possible to lease the vehicle then change the address as 1000 every year compared to 500 is vastly different. Thank you.

The address you put on your lease doesn’t have to match what’s on your ID. It has to match what’s on your insurance, as that’s where the car is kept and registered. Addresses on drivers licenses are always outdated. It would be silly to only lease to people who have their current address listed on their license.

2 Likes

Who is saying? Lease address should match your insurance address which is hopefully your actual physical address.

Unless you moved yesterday you should have updated the DMV with your new address.

Is this a yearly tax you are trying to avoid, or the initial sales tax?

So the dealer is saying it must match the driver’s license. And the address on the credit app. However the insurance address is my new address.

Could I just change the address with the state after I sign. It’s for personal property tax? Like with the dmv

I ran into this exact same situation. I waited for the confirmation paperwork from bank to arrive, downloaded the bank app and updated my address after that. I also grabbed insurance with my parents address and only paid 1 month. When I flipped the address over with the lease I cancelled the insurance and put on my current insurance plan. I don’t seem to have hit any hiccups.

I can’t speak about this affecting personal property tax.