Camaro LT1 contract issue

Is your lease 39/10?

What’s the big deal? It’ll be someone else’s problem when you transfer it in August.

You gonna ride this thing out thru lease end?

Seems like you have three options;

1. you can push to have the contract changed, which would mean back paying your missed payment and have you end when you think you should
  2. you can just make the missing payment and turn the vehicle in 1 month “early”, which would have you end when you think you should
  3. you can pay the 800 mile overage and turn it in when the contract shows, giving you a month of use at half price.

Yeah lease is 39/10. I’ve attached the part of my contract so I’m trying to figure out what the last month of my payment is if I have 38 payments left from date of contract

So your already pushing the allotted miles and we haven’t even hit summer. I wouldnt worry and transfer late summer.

Issue is what if I don’t wanna transfer. Lol!

I think the dealer should have to credit for the miles I’m gonna be probably over. Or fix contract. If I keep it I’m at a 40 month lease term. Even the 3 months makes me nervous with warranty etc

If you were going to keep it why not just buy it outright then? High residual vehicles such as these mean high buyouts.

You need to find out how/why there is a discrepancy between what you signed and what GMF is showing.

You mean from the get go? Or at lease end?

Right from the getgo…i would assume because you were chasing a lower payment. You may be a bit shocked at buyout time.

Yeah buy out is 26k. I usually keep my leases til lease end but sold the last two to vroom. The way I look at it is I always seem to have a car payment so why not have a good deal at least for a few years and then not worry about warranty issues and maintenance

For the record I would never buy out at lease end unless it had money to be made by buying it out for trade in. We have never had a vehicle longer than 3 years.

I’m just going to say it. The dealer owes you NOTHING. If you keep it 40 mos, that is all on you. Turn it in when you expected to turn it in. End of story. Do you really think everybody with a lease turns it in exactly on the end date on the contract? You are trying to make a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

I demand a keychain and a cup of stale coffee!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.