Camaro Lease - is it possible?

I made the colossal life changing error of driving a 2018 2ss. I regret it deeply as I now seem to need one badly like a crackhead needs crack.

What I found at my first dealer in town which has the most of these beasts in stock is that they cant barely spell lease. They showed me some ridiclous numbers and as Im walking out the door the manager through out a if I could get your business number of $720 month 12k miles on a 47600 MSRP sale price $46,500 unit. This was with $3k down.

I figure, the residual is what the issue is but I didnt ask any questions as I was still experiencing sticker shock and decided Id not be purchasing one.

However… I NEED a 2ss camaro… its a necessity.

I also need one that is under warranty… because, well, Im 52 and all these years of GMs building horrible cars has left me with a very bad feeling on GM’s ability to build a car that could even remotely compete with a honda.

So… any advice would be great. I suspect, the advice is going to be to purchase the car rather than lease but Id like to have some of your suggestions if you wouldnt mind taking a few moments.

I know Dodge had a lease deal on their muscle car but the relative word is HAD.

thanks.

1 Like

If it’s a lease from a dealer, it’ll be under warranty for most things. It also helps to have good insurance if you’re going to be rough with it. Get the RV and MF from Edmunds and using the calculator, try to figure out where you should be around with leasing numbers for this cars. Contact a few dealers and get a full breakdown from each one. Report back here and hackrs can help you more

:joy: :rofl:

This opening sentence is brilliant! I laughed extremely hard at this. I am sorry I can offer nothing other than a genuine laugh but, best of luck!

2 Likes

Yeah, this is why I want to lease… just want my cars under warranty at all times now.

Was badly injured in a bike accident (my fault so no sympathy please) so now I cannot wrench even though I miss it.

Ok… gonn ahead over to edmunds and get to work on the numbers… I didn tkow you could get these from Edmunds. thanks!

In all seriousness… do not drive this car… I drive a BMW (2011) and it is refined like you wont believe… if it wasnt I could not go from a BMW to the thing no matter how much torque.

Buy a used 2017… that lease price is insane. And where is that MSRP coming from, are you in Canada?

You can google for dealerships that sell GMEPP (extended warranty) online for cheap. I have a 2014 ZL1 and will be buying on near the end of my factory warranty that extends me for another 5 years (8 years total) for about $2k… that’s like 3 months of lease payments.

But yeah, it’s pretty clear that you are better off buying one at that lease payment.

SORRY! I just realized I typod the MSRP and the sale price…

its 47750 msrp… roughly 46500 sale…

ugh… I edited my post… so now you can see how bad it is…

they had NO idea how to work a lease and this is a TOP chevy dealer???

I’ll look for a used 2017… they dd have one but it was a stick and I cannot drive stick nor do I want to drive a stick…

if you’re leasing at 12k you’re under warranty. dealers don’t discount 2SS’s. best bet to do costco auto buying program for any discount.

When I use the edmunds calculator I get $667. Inm not sure why they estimate the sales price so low but I entered what Im being told… they said $41337… so I over -rode with 46,500, 3k down, 36 months… that doesnt include sales tax I dont think so… perhaps they are about correct after all…

feel like an idiot…

BUT… at least I know they are not trying to pummel me with a jack hammer just because they could tell I HAVE to have a 2ss. I think it was obvious.

can you provide the vin, miles, zip, and are you currently leasing?

Don’t use their calculator. What I meant is that if you type on google “2017 Make Model Lease Edmunds” there is a thread for each car and they usually have the latest RV and MF and you can come back to leasehackr and use the calculator here to calculate it. You want to avoid putting money down if you can.

Yes, Camaro’s just lease horribly. Chevy in general doesn’t provide many incentives for performance car leases. We do mainly purchases on those. (of course I wish it was better).
here are the details. Camaro 2SS 12k

Rebate MF  Term	Residual
0	0.00222	24	58
0	0.00222	27	57
0	0.00148	36	54
0	0.00148	39	53
0	0.00186	42	51
0	0.00186	48	49

GM Competitive Lease 500
GM Lease Loyalty 500