Calculator Discrepancy - Wrangler 4xe

Hi Everybody,
Looking to sign this deal tonight or tomorrow am. Having trouble getting the calc to line up. Dealer is in Louisiana and I am in NY. They said that I would have to pay the taxes separately so they will not be rolled in to payment. $1000 build deposit is being used as cap cost reduction. Would greatly appreciate feedback on what I am missing in the calculator.
Here is the lease agreement:

And Calc Link:

1 Like

Then why are they itemized on here at line 1b?

Beyond that, your das doesn’t match between the contract and your calculator. It also looks like the $7500 incentive is not being taxed.

Perhaps I misunderstood? If I roll taxes in, then it brings me up to within $3 of the monthly that they are proposing. I suppose I’ll reach out to the finance manager who sent it and ask him to clarify.

The contract they sent clearly has the taxes included in it, so be sure they’re not trying to say taxes haven’t been paid.

2 Likes

The business manager just got back to me and said that the taxes are due up front and that they are not rolled into the monthly. Is he completely incorrect or am i missing something here? The calc is off by $50/month

Doesn’t NY require tax on lease be paid upfront at the point of registration?

It does. I believe I’m overthinking this. To get the calculator to match, I have to tell it to roll the tax into the monthly. But in reality, I am paying it up front. That’s why I was getting confused.

Sorry if I’m coming across like a moron but this is the first lease agreement that I’ve had to dissect…

that’s awesome though. are you going to fly down and drive it back up or shipping?

It looks like only $242 of the $1000 is going towards a cap cost reduction. The rest is being used to pay the first monthly ($363), security deposit ($375) and tax on the cap reduction ($19.41), for a total of $758.

Your cap cost reduction looks to be $7742 ($7500 + $242)

1 Like

Nice deal. That’s gonna be one long ride back.

Make sure you stop for Gumbo and Hush puppies.

Post pics

2 Likes

When did you order the jeep? Most likely my Jeep is coming through the same dealer. If you went through a broker reach out to them.

Try this:

Right. Line 1b clearly states that upfront tax is rolled into capitalized cost. I would be interested to learn an alternative interpretation from the business manager.

What are the $375 security deposit and $250 dealer participation on MF btw? Are those part of the $1000 build deposit you are talking about? Unless they are giving you the $250 in cash, I would not put it under post-sale rebate.

After taking a quick first glance at this, this looks to me like $1000 DAS, $363 a month. The taxes are all being paid up front and capitalized in.

I strongly suspect the $375 security deposit will be removed from this and that additional $375 can be applied towards the lease which will drop the actual monthly.

I suspect that is Bonusdrive?

1 Like

Correct, bonusdrive

For those curious, the business manager was incorrect when he said that taxes were not included and would be paid separately. They DID collect for taxes and thus the discrepancy. Thanks for everyone’s help. Will post full deets in shared deals at some point soon.

1 Like

+1 for crawfish and good cornbread. :chocolate_bar:

1 Like

And throw in some jambalaya while at it, with Cafe du Monde for dessert.

2 Likes

I could so go for a Beignet right now :drooling_face: I haven’t been to New Orleans in like 3 years.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I’m a Morning Call beignet fan—they had been forced to close well before the pandemic but have just reopened in a new spot that does them justice.

Funny this is my first post. Hey Y’all. Thanks for having me.

1 Like