Cadillac XT4 Lease

Hello,

Planning on getting a 36.5K base Cadillac XT4, wondering if this is considered a good deal, appreciate any advice:

MSRP: 36.5K
Dealer fees/Taxes/Full downpayment including first month: ~3.2-3.4k
Term: 39 months
Miles: 10k a year

Monthly cost: 299$

I know I am probably not providing all the info here but let me know what I am missing and if I have it I can share the detail, for now I don’t know the MF.

I can see you are missing:
What discounts / incentives and the price after all that

Do you have Residual Value and Money Factor?
And are you putting down $3.2k? Your line sorta mixes in 3 different things.

The discount is that it’s a 1$ down deal and $299 monthly.

Ofcourse though I have to pay the $650 Dealer Fee, Taxes, and $150 doc fee upfront which adds up to like 3k-3.3k not sure about the exact cost just yet. I think taxes takes most of the hit for the 3k “downpayment” since I am in Texas and it’s 6.25% upfront.

I do not have the Residual Value and Money Factor

I am not sure if this answers your question, sorry new to all of this.

Also saw your post on Edmunds. 39 Months? Hopefully your state gives back Registration money (Which CA doesn’t)

I am in Texas, and yes 39 month deal.

I don’t think TX does either atleast I don’t know about it. But yeah… just trying to figure out if this is a good deal, a meh deal, or if it’s just not worth it.

Well the Factory offer is around
$349 with $1000 for a 36months with 10k (Plus taxes)
So off the top of my head it looks good, but need better eyes on it.

This is not a discount. If you want to properly evaluate this deal, you need to determine what the discount is. That means finding out the selling price.

With confusion over that, not having mf/rv/etc prior to talking to the dealer, etc, I would HIGHLY recommend you take a step back from talking to dealers about numbers until you spend a good bit more time doing your research into what goes into a lease, what the programs are for this car, etc.

Let this be a guiding principal for you when considering a lease: if you ever find yourself with a dealer offer in hand asking “is this a good deal?”, you have jumped the gun and set yourself up for failure. Going to the dealer is for finding someone to do your deal, not for asking them how much they want you to pay. Doing the legwork up front will put you in a much better position to be successful.

So with that said, take a step back, read through the leasing101 section a few times, ignoring the 1% rule nonsense and find as many comparable deals (both past and broker listings) to reference for determining a solid target pre-incentive discount. You can then take that and plug it into the current lease programs as they apply to your situation to have a much stronger idea of what kind of numbers to be targeting.

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for the straight up advice. I appreciate it. I will take step back from this process and get that information first.

1 Like

Glad to hear. Unfortunately, many when faced with the same advice would take it as a personal attack rather than the helpful guidance it’s meant as. Going into a 5 figure financial commitment properly prepared makes all the difference.

Looks like the RV is 55% and MF is .00022.

The friendly guy on Edmunds said there is a 900$ incentive? But I am not sure how that works or how to ask the dealership about that. Would you be able to provide me any advice on that?

Incentive means that they can give you $900 off before any deals. Because they get that money from the Manufacturer.

Without a list of numbers you can’t tell if they are including it and not giving you a deal or including it and a deal as well.

@mllcb42 @forbs

Looks like I got all the final numbers and plugged the final information into below, The car is 2020 Cadillac XT4 Sport, although since it’s a loaner it has 4.5k miles on it. Any thoughts?

I don’t know all the numbers for Caddy at all but offer is $289 yours is $319 and your MSRP is $10k more than base.

So you are getting 9k off the deal and the factory deal is 2k off.

So for a demo, it looks nice.

With the money due up front, you’re looking at an effective 420/month payment on a 45k rig. While you’re still getting a 319/month payment, that 3900 you’re putting up front isn’t free money…it’s still coming from your pocket, so you’re paying for it one way or another. With minimal incentive money available, and a 19% off MSRP, this is probably the best you’re going to do on this. You need to decide whether it’s worth it to you or not.

That said, with the less than 1% money factor, I’d lump that 3900 up front money in to the deal, and pay the higher monthly. Invest the money you’d put up front instead.

I am in TX so I think I have to pay the taxes and all upfront

Taxes, maybe. Doc/Lic/title/First payment/acquisition fee, can all be rolled though

Does the dealer have tax credits? Also, a demo with 4,000 miles on it means that you are only getting around 26,000 miles to use on this lease, unless you pay for more up front. Keep that in mind.

I talked to them about this and they said that I still get 30k miles added ontop of the 4k.

He’ll need to confirm that with the dealership. I’ve had this go both ways, where the miles are lost, and one where the miles started at whatever was currently on the odometer at time of signing. Depends on how the dealership operates. By rights, according to GMF, you are correct though, those miles are lost unless bought back.

EDIT: Looks like he took care of that in the comment above.

@ElectricEliminator what are tax credits and how do i ask them about it?