Cadillac LYRIQ pull the trigger?

I’ve been slowly monitoring the inventory where I bought mine and it seems like GM HQ is intending the Lyriq to be a big volume driver, but at least at this 1 dealer, the inventory seems to be moving at a steady pace mostly, though I’ve noticed this dealer is mostly taking upper trim Level 2 or 3 cars vs. the flood of Level 1 cars last year. I wouldn’t be surprised though to see some Lyriq deals through the year, with maybe a big Season of Cadillac type deal in December to close out the year.

At the margin, I think people prefer the Lyriq over the Blazer due to Apple CarPlay / Android Auto being offered on Lyriq, so that tilts in favor of Lyriq.

Might set up some crazy blow out deals on Blazer, though. Plus Prologue / Acura ZDX are about to hit soon, further dividing the addressable market on big, luxury 5 seater crossover EVs.

Yeah, if they stopped making LYRIQ’s, then 8k isn’t so bad.

Unfortunately for GM… they’re stomping on the go-pedal when everyone else is hitting the brakes.

https://www.kedglobal.com/batteries/newsView/ked202404020005

1 Like

Chase_Rose do you have the breakdown of how they get to the $659/mo? Is that from substantial MSRP discounting or some incredibly high RV? As someone also working a Lyriq deal, what you’ve got in front of you seems incredibly good.

Delta hacked your account?

2 Likes

I don’t have the exact breakdown but it’s a very big discount. I worked dealer after dealer till I got to $659 and today I’m at $640 with one dealer who promised to get lower tomorrow so either he gets lower or I go with $640.

24 months 1k down 12k miles and $640 monthly as of now

What’s the sales price? How much of the discount is on the dealer side versus rebates?

Post the details when you get them.

It is coming sometime this year, for the Blazer as well. Mary Barra promised 200,000 to 300,000 Ultium units for 2024. Q1 resulted in 9,385 units sold.

My two local Cadillac dealers have over 200 Lyriqs collecting dust.

Yall not gonna believe this but I got the LYRIQ lux 1 down to:

24 months
ONLY first payment down
12k miles
$558 a month!!!

I kept going back and forth with 2 dealers.
I’ll send pics when closed

10 Likes

I hope it’s green! I can’t believe they’re eating one of your Volvo lease payments too Congrats!

What dealership?

Absolutely. Don’t get a Kia because it has a good deal when what you want is a BMW.

But when choosing between two BMWs and one has a kick ass deal while one doesn’t, it gets trickier. The one you want is often because of one or two features or a specific color. To me that’s where people tend to make really irrational decisions. Like is a color worth $5000 more over the course of a lease? Not to me.

I once got really hung up on needing blind spot monitoring. And gave up a lot of great cars otherwise which were missing it. Until I realized wait a second. This is dumb. I’ve lived my entire driving life without it and now it’s the most important thing ever? So I took it off my must have list.

And I think a lot of people have a version of this which dealers salivate over. Notice the standard salesman question is what color and features are you interested in. There’s a reason for that.

1 Like

Can you share the details?

As soon as it’s complete I’ll share the details. Price is still going lower between 2 dealers. I’m going to want to finalize Monday

1 Like

Make sure you contact @thevolvoguy to see if he can beat the deal.

Yes, this is sarcasm.

1 Like

For an AWD?

Yes, luxury 1 AWD. MSRP slightly over 67k

Good job @Chase_Rose !
For all the rest asking for dealer details, let the guy close ! Also keep in mind his tag is NJ which means no EV tax which would make a big difference on other states.

3 Likes

I hit up a buddy at GM for this, he said they are losing almost 8k on this deal. Definitely an anomaly if you close it.

Your comment inspired me to go test drive a LYRIQ today. Dealer said they have 100+ units of inventory on hands but that the car had been selling really well :joy:

Nice car but man did the software feel a little
Glitchy