CA SCE Rebate, $6000 off 20/21 Nissan Leaf (Not new, a Marketing Ad)

For those of you who are looking for an EV

SCE is giving up to $6000 on anyone who gets a 2020 or 2021 Nissan Leaf.
This stacks with all other California rebates including CCFR

So anyone in SCE (Not so fast Los Angeles Customers…most of you are DWP) wants a cheap EV. Now is a good time
Expires 3/31/2021

1 Like

This is a Nissan incentive, not SCE. If you look on Nissan’s site, they also show the same incentive in SD and LA areas that are served by LADWP.

1 Like

Odd I just went to LADWP and no mention of this rebate
And I went to this site

And put in 90069 (Hollywood) and no mention there either.

That’s because this is a nissan incentive and not a special regional EV credit. SCE here isn’t offering anything but doing some advertising for Nissan.

2 Likes

It’s a Nissan incentive and doesn’t matter who your electricity provider is. Check on www.nissanusa.com.

Well I just went to the Nissan Site and it took me to plugstar to see incentives and it isn’t listed there either.

Possibly since small parts of LA and SD are SCE the map is confusing. But Plugstar does not show Hollywood getting the rebate.

I went here
https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars/leaf/deals-incentives-offers.html

https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars/leaf/deals-incentives-offers/2020.html?offer_filter_search=90069

That shows me the $6k incentive plus $1k bonus on certain trims using your zip of 90069.

2020 is $6k.
2021 is $3k.

Edmunds appears to be showing the extra lease cash everywhere, including not in CA

It also shows me the $6000 for me here in Florida

That’s the not the 6k incentive is it? That’s just 6k off for the car. Maybe there are 2?

Sure looks like a $6k incentive to me

Even the link you posted above shows the Nissan cash incentive. It’s $3k for MY2021 and $6k for MY2020. Not sure why there is so much confusion?

Also, the SCE page says this:

" Southern California Edison residential customers can drive electric for less — Nissan is offering up to $6,000 cash back on a 2020 LEAF or LEAF Plus - Opens in new window and up to $3,000 on 2021 models.

The offer is available for 2020 and 2021 LEAFs purchased from new dealer stock. The cash back is in addition to any available incentives such as the federal electric vehicle tax credit - Opens in new window, California clean vehicle rebates - Opens in new window and California Clean Fuel Reward."

Sure looks to me like there is nothing being offered by SCE here other than a paid advertisement for Nissan.

Doh I got tricked. Let me check it out more and see

It happens to the best of us.

2 Likes

I thought CCFR point of sale rebate replaced SCE post sale rebate in Cali anyway. Are they separate?

Florida leaf time?

But then I’d have to drive a Nissan…

2 Likes

This ad is actually ‘fake’ because it’s given to everyone and not just SCE customers.
SCE is promoting it on their website and all the rebate aggregator sites are acting as if it is a rebate from SCE.

It’s cash off from Nissan, not any kind of rebate at all unlike the CCFR.