Buying Used GLS 2020 450 around 70k worth it?

Did you get quotes from leasing a new GLE53 coupe?

Only found 3 around me and when I checked their website the lease came to 1.4k-1.5k, way higher then what Iā€™m willing to pay right now, I did ask on market place for a broker to see what deal lease hacker broker can do in Texas but none has messaged me. so tbh donā€™t have firm numbers on it.

1 Like

If you have to have a luxury German in this market, I would target one that sells at msrp at NORMAL times AND try to get it msrp or less. Think of low production vehicles like GLE coupe, X6 etcā€¦ GLS is a gamble, if Merc decides to pump out more next year, ( letā€™s say because BMW wants to grab more marketshare from them and make more X7s), used GLS values may plummet . With that said, there are so many unknowns at this point making it impossible to predict what will happen in the next few years. If you want a GLS, get one. You will feel much better than getting something else just because you will save a couple thousand dollars more at the end.

1 Like

@max_g and I were going over the same math when discussing a BMW 7 a few days back.

At this point, why not try to just find any deal on a high MSRP luxury car, since you wonā€™t have to worry about the additional depreciation caused my any car market changes.

Even the XC90 thread holds true to this, as 8% pre-incentive in these market conditions is only ~$2,000 over the course of the lease, but who knows what it would be over the cost of financing a vehicle.

Still doesnā€™t mean it is a good time to lease.

The Q5ā€™s interior is similar to the A4. I get it why you were not impressed. However, I suggest checking out a Q8, since it sounds like you have your mind made up on getting an SUV. The interior is similar to my 2021 A6 Premium Plus - It has dual touch screens (one for infotainment and the other for climate control). Not sure if you noticed Audiā€™s virtual cockpit with Google Earth. It is pretty cool, although you have to subscribe after the trial period.

Check out more info about the Q8: 2024 Audi Q8 | Luxury SUV | Audi USA.

Full disclosure: I am not a broker. I do not work for an Audi dealer. I am just a car enthusiast who is on his second Audi lease.

FWIW, I have no clue what pricing would be like on a new or a used Q8. My only advice is to wait if you do not need a car now. Wait till 2022 or whenever the market starts to normalize and pricing comes down (on both new and used cars).

Good luck.

I like that this thread is showing that buying right now has a decent amount of risk, even with lower rates.

Most threads here in the last 30-60 days are telling people to buy because interest rates/payments are lower, but the depreciation hit could end up being a killer.

You have some very good points, Yeah GLS is a gamble and I know very little about the Model. I just assumed a used version might be better then leasing or buying a brand new one, but it seems it isnā€™t as easy as just paying 1k month. I have 2 months I can wait for a bit so maybe market will change by then, I just hope it doesnā€™t get worse then now.

so your recommendation is find the cheapest leasing car in the same class and go for it? even then it might not be worth it?

what car do you recommend other then the volvo?

Interior looks way better, but exterior isnā€™t my thing, ill most likely go test drive one, might like it in person.

do you know what they leasing for on average?

Yeah I started with leasing first then reading all the forum posts changed my mind to buying, but still wasnā€™t sure so I made few threads about buying new/used different cars and as you said buying seems iffy as well. so I feel like Iā€™m running in a circle and my FoMo is telling me the longer I wait the worse the market will get, but my hope is telling me maybe there will be some good news soon.

There just doesnā€™t seem to be an easy answer. Iā€™m willing to lose few k over the normal money you lose in normal market but 15-20k over is way too much for me.

Nope. Check out the Marketplace. But it might be $1k/month for an $80k+ Premium Plus.

Thereā€™s a broker with one listed for roughly $1100/mo by the time you factor in tax and upfront.

Whatā€™s a few k? $5 - $10k ?

I am sure a Q7 can be had for cheaper, but at this point, OP needs to decide whether a used GLS is better than a new Q7 or Q8.

Absolutely

1 Like

@mohammadm5 - Have you yet made a decision? Are you still looking at a used GLS?

still looking, I have till mid august to make my decision, I looked into lease transfer, found some one willing to pay almost 2k to take a gls off their hand, its 2019 model. Is it good idea to take some ones elses lease?

Mercedes stopped lease transfers quite sometime ago.

1 Like

Yes: MB stopped transfers in August of 2020

so the people with the ad dont know?