Buying a used luxury vehicle from Carmax and their Warranty

you have to ask Carmax, it changes every month.

Good questionā€¦ they ought to make it really easy.

I think they donā€™t sell warranty on LR anymore. @conanohasselhof?
BTW, the guy used Carmax warranty on his used Porsches and BMWs and put this idea in my head lol

So weā€™ve found @IAC_Scott 's next Poorsche?

https://www.carmax.com/car/24943171

1 Like

Ooh, a manual is tough. That things clutch is probably burnt to a crisp. Carmax wonā€™t cover a wearable like that. Flex that return policy and get it inspected first.

They still do, to my knowledge. I think the cost for the warranty is just higher now.

Only way to do it I know is to reserve a car you like and call. They are making it more difficult for some reason lately. Iā€™m looking at an x5M and they wanted me to fill out some paperwork on line. I told them I was just bringing a check to pay for the car and that ended the convo.

If they sell it they warranty it. The cost Iā€™m not sure of though, it takes an awful lot of Honda and Toyota warranties just to pay for my shenanigans.

https://www.carmax.com/car-buying-process/maxcare-service-plans#maxCareCalculator

Lol the discussion here is for luxury/exotics, not a Camry.

Only a fool pays Carmax prices for a Camry

Yeah, been there staring at that Camry. Then got like x3 quote.

Yes, itā€™s one of the cars Iā€™m interested in but this oneā€™s missing a couple of key options for me.
Thank you for bring it to my attention though! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Seems like carmax warranty will be a good way to cover n pick up 2019 audi etron for cheap n covered for their defects.

This makes me ill as it was a $60k car in 2018 lol.

Sportbrake quote

So what was the warranty price on the 760?

You have to initiate the buying process to get to the warranty price screen theyā€™re showing^. I tried asking ahead of time on my returned Panamera purchase in 2022, but the guy said its all in the system. Luckily, its before the credit pull part so you can just walk away if you donā€™t like it.

Iā€™ve got no personal interest in that BMW, I just pulled it up as an example.

Did you ask them for 20k miles/year? They gave me 15k even though I told them I only needed 5-7.5K. At these prices you can probably find a cheaper coverage on your own.

The mileage on the car is 54k, and I need 15; frankly, I didnā€™t think it was horrendous to drive in the winter for 5 years. Iā€™ll have to see what a fidelity plan costs

Their coverage includes existing mileage? I thought it was on top of it. But the Macan they quoted me only had 19k miles.