Buying a used car to get loyalty discount

I am trying to lease a new Volvo and now they have $2500 loyalty offer. I dont currently have a volvo. I was thinking to buy a cheap used volvo to take advantage of this offer. Is it possible to get the discount? Any other tricks to get loyalty?

Thank you

Yes, you’ll need to own that Vovlo for about 30 days.

99% sure hehe. @Ursus @HersheySweet

You’re the expert on this

3 Likes

How much is the “cheap” volvo you’re talking about?

3 Likes

You can also use a relative that has a Volvo. But they will need to be a co-signer.

1 Like

It’s moments like these where I wish I still owned the 1988 Volvo 240 GL I had a decade ago. :laughing:

7 Likes

Are you in a magical state with neither sales tax nor DMV registration fees? Or have you factored that into your calculations already?

4 Likes

Magical state. We don’t worry about fees or taxes. 'Bout to sign a RR for 499

7 Likes

i PaiD $1 fOr iT
And non op hack :smiling_imp:

1 Like

What if his “friend” gifted him the car for free?

3 Likes

4 Likes

My lawyer advocated that I don’t commit any financial fraud until I graduate. /s

8 Likes

As long as they have a title or recent registration with their name and “Volvo XXX” on it. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Edit: Fraudsters make life hard for everyone.

2 Likes

You would know better, but my recollection from one of the “fake loyalty” crackdowns was insurance cards — you can just a bind a policy to a VIN and generate one on the spot.

1998 V70 X-Country on Autotrader for $695. I am certain you can find one locally, CL, salvage yard or whatever for $250 or less that you can buy.

Ah yes, that happened after my emigration to warmer places.

1 Like

Volvo loyalty has no limit on how old the car can be?

1 Like

Standard language appears to be this:

“Individuals who currently own/lease any model year Volvo or Saab vehicle or have owned/leased within the last 6 months are eligible.”

https://www.volvocarssandiego.com/volvo-owner-loyalty.htm

If there is no minimum holding period, you could buy one from Carmax, and then return it under their 30 day return policy.

I did the insurance card trick once when I was planning to lease a BMW, but ended up not leasing it, so I do not know if the insurance card would have worked for loyalty.

Is she coming home?

2 Likes