Buying a grounding lease

‘17 Jag F-T-R lease is coming to an end. Given ‘17 was a unicorn year and Jag had a huge recalibration of residual its better to buy the car off market than residual.

Issue: my leasing dealer changed ownership+management. New sales team, new showroom etc. They are not in a position to help me buy the car atm of grounding.

Looking for JLR folks who can help me buy @market value + $1500 for your trouble in helping.

Well brutally speaking, why would they take $1500 from you, when they can get five figures from someone else in a few days, or instantly if they just bought it and sent it to auction?

1 Like

Question make sense. Here’s the break down:
Residual: $5x,xxx
Market Value: $40,xxx
Auction: likely $3x,xxx given all historicals. Especially how much residual value has been downgraded by US Bank & Chase.

For a little bit of paper work everyone wins. I have no qualms on grounding it if financials dont match up.

Why are you calling the dealer? Call the lessor/bank and tell them you want to buy it.

He wants to have the dealer buy the car from chase for their cost, then sell it directly to him for $1500, rather than them take it into CPO or used inventory for like what it’s actually worth. The buyout has the inflated RV, but he doesn’t want to pay it. That’s what I understand.

:chocolate_bar:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.