Buy the car not the deal. Genesis G70 3.3T Sport $52,625 MSRP

This is NOT a leasehacker deal. Not even close. My Down payment is $1500 too high and my monthly is $100 too high but price not an issue this car was #2 on my list behind AMG C 43 at #1 and followed by the Giulia at #3. There wasn’t a single Japanese car in the segment I liked more than this car. Not the TLX, not the IS, not the Q50 red sport. I also didn’t like the 3 series or audi s 4/5 better.

I had forgotten about this car because of how bad Genesis handled the US launch but holy shit did I fall in love when test driving it around Framingham. Mind you I test drove a C450 and C43 that same day. So to impress me when I have AMG to compare is actually quite an impressive feat by the Korean automaker. I was ready to sign a deal on a 3.3T prestige with a $51k msrp for $1500 and $599 per month but the Adriatic blue (basically a metallic navy blue) or the Santiago Silver just didn’t grow on me. Neither did the forest Green or the Black one. I needed the lighter Mallorca Blue or the Havana Red. Nothing else would suffice. Only one dealer had a Havana Red 3.3T available within 200 miles of Boston. Nobody had the Mallorca Blue in 3.3T within 200 miles of me. I went to look at the one Havana Red and they wouldn’t let me leave till we agreed on a deal so we agreed on $2100 down and $598/month. I noticed they marked up money factor by 40 points and I tried fighting it but they said they would remove the part of the discount if they gave me base money factor so payment would be the same regardless. I didn’t like it but I already decided I wanted the car and I didn’t want to wait for the 2019 AMG C43.

Like I said this is objectively a bad deal by our standards here on these forums but I don’t regret it. I’m extremely happy driving it. There is a price to pay to be first and unique and that’s what I paid to drive this G70. I always wanted Brembos and turbos and now I have that. In a year this car will be leasing for $45k before incentives with base money factor. Heck they might even lower MF to what it is for the 2.0. 1% rule will be EASILY achieved. in 3 years the used market will be flooded with $25k used 3.3T G70s. But for now I ate this bad deal.

2019 Genesis G70 Sport AWD 3.3T :

MSRP: $52625
Selling Price: $47700
Monthly Payment: $598
Cash Due at Signing: $2099
MSD:0
Incentives:2500
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12K
MF:.00105
Residual:52%

Region:MA
Leasehackr Score:7.5

5 Likes

Enjoy the car. The heart wants what the heart wants.

5 Likes

4 Likes

people like you are the reason car dealers are still in business. Once you “fall in love” with a particular car/color/equipment, you’re doomed to overpay. Dealers know it and will take advantage of it.

If you can afford it and don’t care, more power to you. Enjoy the ride!

8 Likes

Its a sick ride. Enjoy it like you stole it till you return it. Make every penny of that payment count. 305s right, i think everyone here has made that mistake but in the end the same thing matters… if you can afford it, take it… YOLO.

2 Likes

I am sure this is a great car, but how much greater it is than Stinger, which already calmed down in hype?

To me, practicality of a hatch would be enough to be swayed over to Stinger.

1 Like

In the OP defense, and he admits it, he’s shopping the car and not the deal.

Why spend $400/month on a car he feels “blah” about instead of $600/month on a car he’s absolutely in love with?

Most of the people on leasehackr are indeed shopping the deal, and that’s fine. But there are some here that have the means to afford a higher payment, know exactly what they want and are thus willing to overpay.

If every car purchased or leased from a dealer was a crazy leasehackr type deal, then either a. the dealerships wouldn’t exist or b. leasehackr deals wouldn’t exist because they’re not enough to sustain the business model. So, people overpaying for rarer units makes it possible for dealers to dump the volume models for lower prices.

Different strokes for different folks.

6 Likes

Deals are great. But the deal will only keep you happy so long if you dislike the car.

Kudos to OP for getting what he wants and having the cajones to share the details of a non-hackr deal.

6 Likes

it is a beautiful car. kind of looks like a Giulia from the side.

1 Like

I have shopped the car and not the deal many times.

If you’re a car guy or gal, life is too short to not get the car you really want if you can afford it.

10 Likes

Agreed. This G70 is on my short list for next car. I’m hoping that it’ll lease better or be available on the used market.

Curious why OP didn’t go for a C43 if that was #1 on his list

1 Like

I vaguely alluded to not wanting to wait on the C-43 in my post but that was specifically the 2019 MY which was not out at the time. The 2018 was already eliminated by that point.

For 2018
Lack of color options. They were all mostly black.
Not actually on the local dealership lots and would have to be transferred from somewhere else.
None had the exact configurations I wanted.
Ultimately felt like too much compromise(on color and options) for the price.

For 2019
Not actually out yet.

I would have absolutely loved to get a $63k msrp C-43 instead for the same lease price and they were leasing pretty close to what I paid for the G70 but I had to draw a line at the lack of colors and options for 2018. The 2019 would take too long. I was looking at the 2019 since summer and almost put $3k down to order one uniquely configured to my specs but dealers were saying they have no idea when they would be out. couldn’t even tell me if it was coming out this year or early 2019.

So in short: availability is why I went with the G70 3.3T over AMG C-43.

1 Like

I have a G80 and wasn’t over at my dealer and saw that Havana red- sweat color , great car! That’s a decent payment for early lease as these cars depreciate really quickly - they offered

a $6500 rebate on the Stinger at launch , and in July- hopefully for other’s looking, this will surface on the G70. Congrats!!! Enjoy the ride !

1 Like

Its beautiful car. Congratulations and please share yous feed back with us:)

$600/month for only a G70? Unreal!!!

Could have leased a G80 AWD for way less.

Enjoy your new car!

I just picked up a stinger GT2 last week and it also wasn’t a “leasehackr” deal according to what I’ve been seeing for that particular car and the competitors, but I believe I got a decent deal. I can’t share numbers but with $1k due at signing and $2,785 of negative equity I got $596/mo.

These 2 cars have completely blown me away in terms of features, handling, speed, low end power, etc etc. (test drove the g70) So far I’ve been averaging 21.5 mpg. I preferred the stinger for everyday use since the hatch definitely comes in handy. Enjoy the car!!!

Miss my Stinger :/.

Is it just me or does it look a lot like the Q50? 10 years ago, I liked the exteriors of the Japanese sedans, but recently, I’ve really been liking the European sedans.

It looks just like any other Asian manufacturer’s “luxury” design

1 Like