Bunch of brand new Hyundais stolen in PA before dealer delivery

I hope you didn’t order a Hyundai recently.
And if you did, hopefully it isn’t near Philadelphia.

Basically the thieves walked into a gated lot and found a bunch of cars with keys inside.

2 Likes

How stupid are the manufacturers to leave the keys in the cars? Why not put them in a lock box with tags?

When moving cars you need to move 100 cars in the shortest amount of time. So what they did was proper. Someone exploited a possible gate left unlocked or an inside job…no idea.

Those cars are moved in waves, not from point A to point B.

1 Like

It saves a lot of time when moving that amount of cars, i think all manufacturers and shippers do that

I wonder if they’re in a special delivery/transport mode?

@DG-X5, IK u sent me this but ahhh philly, never change.

Alt. Stay classy Philly.

1 Like

They should be but if these get mined for parts it won’t matter I think.

Mined for parts, or shoved into a container and smuggled to a country that won’t care.

1 Like

Well I bet the time savings are lost when you’re talking about $40k assets disappearing and angry customers don’t have the car they’ve been waiting for.

1 Like

Also, how did they get away with a large number of vehicles and no one noticed? Even with the keys in cars, don’t you need someone to drive each one away some distance? Random flash mob shows up and steals a bunch of cars?

1 Like

I bet that only a few cars were stolen.

1 Like

Huh… original article and tweet got deleted. Something smells fishy on the wharfs of Philly and it ain’t fish.

1 Like

Can’t these be tracked. Isn’t every new car connected to the internet in some way

This was only like 6 hours old. I’m sure Hyundai can find it, though a normal ‘dealer’ can’t use the app to find.

1 Like

Not every new car has telematics, no

No, but in fairness most new Hyundai and Kias do.

Also, this happened to several dealership by me a few years back. These aren’t sophisticated car thieves, they just get a tip from someone on the inside that car keys aren’t locked up and do a little smash and grab/walk in through an open gate. Then you have a stolen car which isn’t that easy to turn into cash and you either get arrested/have to abandon the car.

Guessing the 19 year old who stole this car was similarly unprepared to fence it.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]