Buick/GMC "private offer"

Yesterday, I received a mailer from, I believe, GM Financial stating I am “prequalified” and this is a private offer of $3k off for non-GM lessees. Fine print has codes and instructions for a dealer to use, and it specifies this is tied to the name/household printed on it, code is one-time use, can be combined with MOST other offers, etc.

Anybody familiar with this? I’m wondering, for example, if I can look at a price on Honcker and expect to use this as an additional $3k cap reduction. Looking at maybe a Terrain for the wife.

It’s possible, however you would need to know whether Honcker is using GMF or a third party leasing company. If you are a Costco member and this private offer stacks you should be able to do better on your own though. Do you have a GM Buypower card? If you do and have some rewards you could be in business here.

My wife received an offer like this from Ally a few years ago. We combined it with GMS and all the current rebates and offers to lease a Malibu 2LT for less than 1% of Msrp (12k/39).

Not sure if this one is the same but I would work on the sale price of the vehicle you want with all incentives before presenting the offer.

Can you post a pic of it with your personal info redacted?

We have costco and my wife has supplier pricing through her work. Seems like costco might be a bit better with the additional cash they are offering. I’m having a helluva time navigating this deal so far. Trying to at least choose a vehicle to start. Seems like the one she wants is an SLT, and the msrp is $38,360.

Supplier pricing doesn’t seem to be very good. Am I reading wrong? The dealer with this vehicle has an internet price, excluding any incentives, that is already a few bucks below supplier pricing.

I don’t have a GM card.

Currently, I’m thinking it looks something like this:
$38,360 msrp
-$1694 dealer discount
-$1000 lease cash (per edmunds)
-$1500 bonus cash
-$500 downpayment assistance cash
-$3000 private offer
-$1500 conquest cash MAYBE?!

I called GM Financial and of course they told me to talk to a dealer. I think this is likely $3k in place of the standard $1500 conquest, but one can dream.

Here is the important piece of the mailer. Above it is my name, address, and individual cert number, along with the Buick, GMC, and GM Financial logos.

2 Likes

If you want a Terrain, only the 2019 can be leased. 2018 Support is gone, so you would get $300 regular member or you can upgrade to Executive to get $700 cash card.

So that deal does include Supplier pricing, but like you said, that discount is very small, like only $1,500 or so on $35k MSRP. Also, not all the incentives you list will stack on a lease. For my zip, the lease offers are:

$1,000 lease cash
$750 select market
$500 select market
$250 lease cash

$500 lease loyalty or $1,500 competitive lease

So it looks like you get an extra $1,500 for competitive lease. What is your zip?

I’m in NJ 08510.
Good to know about the 2018s.

In your zip, I see the following incentives for a lease for a 2019 Terrain SLT AWD:
$1,000 lease cash
$750 select market
$750 select market
$500 select market
$250 lease cash
$3,000 your private offer

Total $6,250 plus dealer discount or supplier pricing
Plus you would get the $700 Costco cash card later

SLE has a better RV at .64; SLT is .61 for 24 months. MF is .00080 for 24 months. All that should add up to a decent lease payment.

Thanks for looking into all of that. Are you in GM sales?

She is really insistent on leather unfortunately. I am trying to keep this under $300 with just first month at signing, but she is making that very difficult.

Oh, did I mention she needs at least 15k/yr?

No, I can get GM info somewhat easily. I check monthly for the deals and it seems like now and March are the best times.

The less MSRP the better, obviously. But it really helps when the MF starts getting higher, which due to rising interest rates, is happening now in the lease world.

If she can do an Encore with leather, I bet you could hit your mark. It will be a good bit smaller, obviously.

Supplier should give you another 500 bucks or so of wiggle room as I believe that’s the amount of the rebate they get back from GM on the Terrain. That’s assuming you find a dealer that plays ball.