Buick Enclave Premium FWD - $0 down $359/month

Deal is not done yet, but looking for feedback. If everything holds then this is what it would be. GM is offering $5000 consumer cash and dealer is offering $2000 for a trade-in (unsure how incentives are taxed in the state of Indiana).

The big question i’m unsure of is that I currently have a 2017 Chevy Malibu lease, that’s well under mileage, and needs to be returned. Would there be any reason they reject a trade in?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Buick Enclave Premium FWD
MSRP: $52585
Sales Price: $48,453. I also qualify for employee pricing but am unable to get that price from GM FF’s site
Monthly Payment: $359 (after tax)
Drive-Off Amount: First month + Acquisition, document, and dealer fees, taxes on rebates
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00043
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $7000
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 12.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Buick&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=52585&sales_price=41453&months=36&mf=.00043&dp=0&dealer_fee=0&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=0&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

You are trading in the Malibu as part of the deal? Are you sure it has positive equity?

I’m not sure it has positive equity. I have the original paperwork in had. How can I find out? Just compare the buy-out price with KBB?

So my buy-out price is $16,xxx and the KBB estimated value is $13,xxxx. That probably means the dealership wont buy it, right? Do dealerships have access to buy a lease at a price lower than the residual stipulated to me?

No one wants a Malibu. Just turn it back in.

You need more information here. Who is the bank offering this lease? You mentioned $5,000 in incentives, those seem to be purchase incentives, which leads me to believe that this is a third party bank deal. Get a complete breakdown with RV, MF, etc. Is this price an actual offer you received, or something that you cooked up yourself using the (incorrect) incentives and the RV and MF from Edmunds? Your calculator seems to be incorrect because you are lumping everything into the selling price, when most likely the incentives need to be put in separately as a taxable item.

1 Like

I was emailing a dealer and they factored it into lease numbers which are all correct, however, now that I look at the fine print it says that it’s not intended for finance and lease.

You’ve got to get the actual numbers and incentives from Edmunds, and negotiate a pre incentive selling price with the dealer. When is your Malibu lease up? I would just turn it in once it is finished, if you are leasing a new GM product you won’t have to pay the disposition fee. I’m almost certain that there is no equity in the Malibu, but you are welcome to check into it if you want.

There is no equity I checked the residual against trade-in values. The MF and RV are straight from the dealer, but they incorrectly factored in the $5000 as lease incentives (they present it as sales price), but you’re right these are likely taxed incentives that need to be put into another category. Apart from GMS discount which sometimes can be good I’m not really enthusiastic about their vehicles because of how poorly their cars lease.This is not a deal at all. I’ll move on.

Thanks