Buick 3k Conquest seems available - Sub 100 Encore Deal Possible [Expired]

Doc fees are regulated at $80 (total) in California. Everybody in California pays them even if they say they don’t.

"Dealers participating in the BPA program may charge customers an $80 documentation
fee per transaction. "

Notice the word is may, not must.

Is it more expensive to do a 36 months instead of 24 months?

I see what you posted. My experience is that these fees are not negotiable in California.

I’ll wait for some of the people in the auto business to weigh in on California Doc fees.

The rule of thumb… When rebates are Huge do a shorter lease to save money. When rebates are small(er) do a longer lease to save money.

The better answer is to know all the discounts and rebates and various residuals and then use the forum calculator.

Still I don’t see how you’ll do much better than using the $3k rebate and 24 months

Where I live the state law says dealers may charge a doc fee NOT TO EXCEED $150. Guess what fee 100% of dealers try to charge? You guessed it $150. And they do the old, _hey man, wish I could help, but you know, the law is the law. And that;s when I pull up the law on my phone and show the nice sales manager how the law only says there is a maximum but nowhere does it say there is a minimum, and also says the doc fee is optional and/or negotiable.

Subscribed…

Just realized my chevrolet doesn’t work with the 3k conquest… :frowning:

Saw this on Dublin Buick’s site. Want to see if I can make $88/month with tax happen and $0 down.

Wow. GM Financial has got to be taking a bath on all these incentivized leases at term. Between the Asian 3k in March at Chevy, and now Buick/GMC, they are gonna lose some dough in a couple years when all these things come back to auction.

Not that I’m complaining…it’s good for us in the market at the moment.

Will likely come to an end soon. downward pressure on used cars/residuals, interest rates will rise, and: “Not surprisingly, KAR Auctions is seeing a rising number of repossessions. The company expects nearly 2 million vehicles to be seized by lenders this year and added to the used-car market, up from 1.1 million at the nadir of the last recession.” Your Car Is Now Worth Less Than You Think

I would like to think that GM is smarter than we think. Could it be that for every Encore/Terrain they sell/lease that then allows them to sell another loaded Suburban/Tahoe/Pickup with UUUGE profits ?

Could it just be GM gaming the CARB rules or the CAFE fleetwide MPG requirements?

I don’t mind doing my part for GM driving an Encore that costs me less than $50/month.

In theory, I agree with you…but it’s hard to argue with the fact that in 10 months, I’m giving back a Regal that I have a buyout of around 19k. As of today, in excellent condition, it’s KBBing at 13k. That number is only going to drop, and is higher than Wholesale price, which the auctions use. And I’m only 1 of many of these.

Likewise, I jumped on an Equinox in March for my wife. I’m already a theoretical 6k in the hole on that one. Myself and the thousands of others that took advantage of those leases, those numbers are going to add up on the auction block.

GM cars never were good about retaining their value. This is only going to hurt them more.

However, I guess there is the possibility it is getting washed out with the big SUV sales too.

Sorry for hijacking this one. Carry on with the Buick 3k conquest discussion.

At the local dealer near me (NJ) it’s only showing an offer of $1,500 conquest. What’s up with that?

Also am a recent grad, are there additional incentives on top that anyone knows of.

From whar I understand, there is a program, but it doesn’t give specify an amount towards purchase or lease.

These incentives are very mysterious. It ($3k conquest) may not show up until Labor day weekend. Or else the $3k conquest may be a regional incentive.

• Stay tuned for further info

Recent grads use supplier (GMS) pricing. It’s a decent price if you don’t want to negotiate. However, you can do better most of the time than GMS pricing on your own.

Not just GM. Dodge is hurting too. There’s a YUUGELY BIGLY Dodge/Ram dealer I drive by every week or so. Last time I drove by they must have had 100+ vehicles parked on the empty lot next to the dealership. That’s a lot of inventory that’s growing weekly, which means a lot of cheap cars/trucks for the taking.

It’s not dough they will lose, they will eventually lose their shirts, go bankrupt and then be rescued by Trump in the dwindling days of his admin lol …

That’s called winning :slight_smile: and DJT was right - I am winning so much I am tired of winning BIGLY YUGELY :slight_smile:

1 Like