Brokers gone wild?

Maybe we should close this one now, what is done is done. Sucks all the way around.

2 Likes

General rule applies, don’t shit where you eat.

1 Like

What the OP did was wrong, he himself called it an a$$ hole move. You got the deal you wanted because of the broker, so pay the broker.

That being said, from a business standpoint, the deal isn’t done until the contract is signed, filling out an app doesn’t mean it’s a done deal.

I still think you do what’s fair which is to pay the broker, without him, you would be paying much more than $400.

1 Like

At what point does a broker leave the picture? They negotiate the deal for you, get you the information, and the rest is on you. Why would it matter if he signed the deal or not? That is between the buyer and the dealer. The broker has done his job.

2 Likes

This is one of the few industries where customers regularly expect people to work for free and then defend it on the internet. What a bum. Whatever broker this is please message me I will venmo you $100 right now to help make up for getting stiffed.

5 Likes

In this particular case, where I’m paid by the customer, you’re correct. My job is done upon bringing the dealer the business.

The OP agreed to a deal, knew where the dealer was, submitted credit, and then actually went ahead and sabotaged the deal by contacting a dealer we were trying to swap the car from, in order to avoid paying the broker fee. He then tried to use distance (note: my dealer is 35 miles from his zip code) to claim I misrepresented the deal to him. Knowing full well that his reason was a complete lie, he then tried to smooth things over by offering to pay me 100 bucks, at which time I told him I believed I was entitled to the full broker fee because he agreed to a deal, submitted an app, and it was not my problem that he shopped the deal elsewhere, since my guys were trying to get him a car and it was month-end. So yes, I was pissed because it came off that he was blatantly trying to avoid paying and took my numbers to another store (which he did because Leafs were not $75/month elsewhere).

In light of the fact that I had a ton of deliveries to finish for March, the next morning, I purposely told the customer that we couldn’t find him a car - I knew he’d flake out anyway to avoid paying money and my dealer would be stuck with an unleasable 2020.

All good. The Almighty sees everything. Appreciate your words.

1 Like

Darn. That’s messed up.

Reviews belong in the Review section. And all this back & forth is just beating a dead horse at this point. Nothing more to see here.