BOUGHT: 2023 Alfa Romeo Giulia QUADRIFOGLIO

Beautiful machine, Congrats!..I wonder if the reliability problems these are known for have improved through the years…

How is the Auto vs the DCT (assuming the CS was auto)? I don’t know it feels like this is a step backwards even on the current G8x Ms.

There are a lot of posts on the forum explaining the mechanics of leasing, i doubt i’ll be able to do a better job here. In the nutshell, whenever you buying a depreciating asset like a car, you take on liability; Leasing limits this liability, in many cases substantially; as banks/manufactures are artificially increasing projected value of the car and/or offer interest rate below market which gives a consumer incentive to get a vehicle they normally wouldnt. In case of these QVs, its the opposite they not only charge crazy interest rates they also depress projected value of this car, which makes leasing financially unfeasible.

Again, highly suggest reading many, many insightful posts on this forum.

2 Likes

I assume you are referring to Auto in the new M cars? I havent driven one, i drove a 6spd manual, and quite frankly loved it. DCT in CS was excellent, but the ZF in QV is just as good with its aggressive software tuning. I believe new Ms use similar ZF transmission, which more or less ubiquitous across this high end sports cars nowdays.

2 Likes

Cool, yes, I was referring to the new Ms.

I have a feeling you will miss throwing your own gears, for me the performance trade-off is worth it vs a manual trans, but I no longer drive in heavy traffic, all is relative.

Congrats. Amazing!

It seems like you financed. Do you happen to know the RV, MF, or any other incentives/ cash back?
I am looking to lease a Giulia QV 36months/ 36K miles. not sure if that is a good idea.
Thanks so much

Can’t say 13% interest rate makes this deal amazing, but, basically, it’s MSRP with 0.0000 MF, so… :sunglasses::+1:

Very nice deal. Curious what loaner you went with and the interest rate you got to go along with the 11k off? You have to go with Alfa for that.