BMWFS Loyalty Lease Not Transferable?

Hey guys -

I got a good deal on an x3 on a 39 month loyalty lease that I rolled in about $4k in negative equity from my previous BMW lease return due to damage, mismatching tires and mileage overage with the plan of transferring the lease to someone soon after inception.

I found someone to take over the lease of the x3 but now BMW is saying it’s not transferable :face_with_peeking_eye: anyone has any experience with Loyalty leases not being transferable?

I’m in Texas if that makes a difference

Maybe it’s too soon to transfer? Did you ask them what was the reason?

I got it two months ago, it’s never been a problem with the 10+ transfers I’ve done in the past

I also tried to start the process with my 330i that I got over a year ago also on a 39 month loyalty lease and it says the same thing :confused:

who’s “it”?

Call BMWFS, its possible title is not on file yet for account to be marked assumable

2 Likes

I have seen no literature that mentions this.

Like @GOAT said, it’s possible they don’t have the title yet and can’t transfer it for that reason.

Just call again and speak to someone else. I transferred a 39 month loyalty lease last year on a 5-series.

Also,

What is “it”? Is it a person? There is no automated system for transferring leases so I’m not sure if you’re referring to a person as an “it” here or…

2 Likes

It being the BMW transfer initiation page.

I’ll have to wait til Monday to call them, just didn’t want to live with the anxiety through the weekend

When you spoke to a live agent at BMW FS to initiate the transfer and send the Stage 1 documents to the assuming party, did they tell you the account is assumable? Are you talking about the link that the assuming party is trying to open to complete the credit application opens up a screen saying the car is not assumable?