BMW X7 / GLS 450 / XC90 : lease , buy, CPO

Good feedback.
I was not considering XC90. so never looked at numbers. Now as you suggested, let me explore that option.

X7 and GLS450 are my stretch goals :wink:
if that doesn’t work out, I was aiming for stay in my current range and go for CX90 ( a better value car ) as I already own Mazda CX5

As a data point for my exploration purposes, what was the better lease number you have seen for XC90 ? ( I will search marketplace as well)

lol is this car primarily for you or your wife?

If it’s the wife, get that GLS hah.

In 2023, I fail to see why you’re saying a Volvo (and ESPECIALLY a decked out XC90 recharge) is not in the same ‘luxury’ category as a BMW/Mercedes. That’s a bit silly in my opinion and you’re just badge chasing. Volvo doesn’t even offer a car sub-$40k, BMW and Mercedes do. Quite frankly a top tier XC90 recharge is untouchable for the options you get for under $1k/mo lease possibility. 7 seats, 500hp, heated/vented seats, Bowers & Wilkins sound, massage seats, nubuck headliner, panoramic roof. I know as I was just shopping this spectrum. The ONLY downfall is the infotainment feels a touch dated aesthetically.

They all have their differentiating characteristics but to me Lexus/Acura/Infiniti/Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Volvo/Genesis/Cadillac are all around the same. You shouldn’t box yourself into mainstream thinking of BMW/Mercedes is on another level.

2 Likes

Thank you for insight
I will do a test drive 2024 recharge version

One important factor is third row space … length is 195 " is lesser than x7 n GLS. so I have to check it while test driving

I saw 2022 version before. I noticed headrest is not adjustable but static. Not sure they changed it now

Idk about Cali, but the XC90 T8 on the east coast is 1/3 the lease payment of a GLS or X7.

1 Like

Deal Check: 2024 xc90 Recharge ultimate in CA. Evidence for saying XC90 T8 is a better deal than the alternatives.

Any rough numbers on XC90 monthly payment you saw ? looking for some data points before I talk to dealer

Thank you for the pointer to chat thread. I joined that thread.
Numbers Look good. Hope I can find such deal in NorCal.

Look at the broker listed, add Volvo to tag.

Brokers are soCal focused. Not serving NorCal :frowning:

For MB in NorCal, Contact @oarfish18 or @MBmike . But I hope you like black on black GLS.

1 Like

Plenty of people ship the car up to Nor Cal or make a long day of it and grab a crappy budget airline South and drive back.

Curious to know more on this ( newbie here …so basic questions)

when u r shipping from soCal to NorCal

• who ensures that it reaches your hand without any damage ? ( Accidents can happen in worst case )
  • when will you sign the paper ? ( After seeing the car and ready to get the key in hand ? )
  • when it reaches norCal destination, should I pick it from any dealer here or they deliver to my home ?
  • who ensures that it reaches your hand without any damage ? ( Accidents can happen in worst case )

Transporters assuming you hire a reputable one are insured.

• when will you sign the paper ? ( After seeing the car and ready to get the key in hand ? )

No, you would sign for it and then it would be loaded on a transport truck.
No dealer is going to allow a car to leave a dealer and go 400 miles all for you to decide that you no longer want the vehicle.

• when it reaches norCal destination, should I pick it from any dealer here or they deliver to my home ?

The transporter you hire will ideally drop it off at your home or meet you at a location nearby that’s accessible for a large truck. Many dealers will arrange transport for you as well but it is still going to be at your cost.

Obviously it’s up for you to decide if it is worth the savings. If the transport is a concern you can always do as I mentioned and grab a cheap flight and make a day of it.

1 Like

TBH you seem to be spinning your wheels. Have you determined your budget and which vehicles fit into it?

Budget is $1000. So now focussing on XC90 and CX90. Keeping x7 and GLS aside as it’s a stretch goals. NorCal dealers are not very good at pricing. They are giving bad numbers

XC90 has lots of conditional rebates. Loyalty, Costco, a-plan, etc etc.

What do you qualify for and what’s your target payment? XC90 is not a $1,000 per month vehicle

1. I qualify for Costco … it’s $1000 discount right
  2. I have A list … that’s $500
  3. dealer is giving $1000 loyalty…

But these numbers are not helping to get me to the wonderful numbers as shown in signed / deal check forums mentioned above

What kind of discount off MSRP are you receiving, is it the same as the ones you are referencing?

Are the deals you are benchmarking against have base mf w/ MSD’s and yours has a marked up mf with no MSD’s?

Those two things are far more impactful than your Costco certificate.

What do you mean by it’s not a $1k/mo vehicle? Curious