BMW X4 oil service change

Hi LeaseHackr Community!

I purchased my X4 after my leased ended last year and it only has 15k miles.
Every year I have to do the oil change/service. This is the first year that it is out of the lease and I will have to pay for the service.
Anyone has an idea of how much it cost to do the service?
Should I still bring it to a official BMW agency, should it bring it to another place?

Thanks!

Many dealers will have flat pricing for oil changes, probably $80-$150 depending on engine size. Check their website to see if they have a “service specials” section. Just had oil change on my M550 at BMW dealer for about $125.

2 Likes

just an updated and how it went when i visit the official bmw service store:.
they gave me an estimate of 195 for the oil service, but the problem is that they told me that the car also needs:
plus change air filters
plus fuel systems service
plus micro filters

they wanted to charge me >$1,200 for all of that
maybe it is me, but that’s crazy for just a regular service

or is it me? it is a total rob
any recommendation where to go just to change oil service and where they can reset the light on the dashboard

thanks

plus reset lights

They just ripping you – you can change air filters yourself lol

Total rip-off. Even $195 is steep, but don’t feel like you can’t decline those services and just request an oil change.

For the most cost effective route, find an independent shop or technician near you. They’ll most likely undercut the dealer.

1 Like

Oil change - 100-200

You should be able to change air filter yourself (look up youtube). Filter itself is probably 50-75 oem

I dont think fuel system service is required, check the manual. If its ‘required’ (may come into play if you have an issue down the road which you need to use your warranty for), get an independent shop to do it

1 Like

Check the maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual

Take the car to an independent BMW mechanic for oil change and service

Top up the blinker fluid yourself

2 Likes