BMW X4 2024 Lease Possibilities

I currently lease an Audi A5 Sportback and the lease on that expires in early March so I am starting my research early. Looking for a SUV to be my next vehicle. The BMW X4 is my top choice, followed by the Jaguar F-Pace and Land Rover Evoque. I’ve leased cars in the past with mostly good experiences aside from my last lease which I rushed through and didn’t work all angles of the deal as I normally would. I’m researching thoroughly this time around and I’m wondering about the accuracy of Edmunds’ money factor quote (.00210) for the BMW X4 as it seems high but maybe my expectations are slightly jaded given what rates were during COVID. I am wondering if my expectation of a $650 or preferably lower monthly payment with 0 due at signing (aside from taxes and fees) for around a $60k+ MSRP is realistic/obtainable in Northern Virginia (one of two lovely states that tax leases based on the selling price…so frustrating. I’ve explored the option of using 3 MSD to lower the money factor as well but looking to level set expectations early. Any advice is appreciated.

Using the MF and RV info you get from Edmunds you can see exactly what the potential payments will be using the LH calculator.

A very quick pass at the calc shows that for a 2024 X4 with $65k MSRP, in order to get to $650/mo with $4k DAS you would require a 20% dealer discount.

Now look over in the Marketplace and see what brokers are offering, and if a 20% discount on a brand new X4 is realistic or not :wink:

3 Likes

The X4 is one of the worst leasing BMW’s out there.

The X3 leases much better, and would be a more realistic car to accomplish this goal on, but without loyalty or corporate rebate, you’re going to have an uphill battle even on that car.

4 Likes

Thank you for your insights. From my analysis of BMW’s overall pricing, it appears the discount typically ranges between 8-13% off the MSRP, with additional incentives like a 1k graduate rebate which I would be eligible for. Despite my attempts in the lease calculator, the scores remain at or below 7. Generally, aiming for a score of 8 and above is considered favorable correct? I’m optimistic about securing a BMW X4, even if adjusting monthly payment expectations to around 700-725 if that could possibly get me into a X4. If not, Alternatively, I’d be content with a Jaguar or Land Rover, though negotiating with Jaguar has proven challenging in the past.

No way. X4 are pretty rare relatively , they just don’t make many compared to the x3 so you aren’t going to get a similar discount to an x3 on one.

Have you driven one ? There’s a reason most people prefer the 3. The rear visibility is pretty poor and x3 is more functional storage and passenger wise.

Could get a much better deal likely 100+ a month cheaper on an x3

X4 is going to be a “pay to play” proposition. Especially with VA tax. A purchase may be the best play on an X4 if BMW has a promotional APR at time of delivery.

1 Like

Looking for that last minute of the year Unicorn deal on a BMW suv. Forget leasing. Those are Donkey deals. Need to purchase. Might have to wait until end of 2024​:crazy_face::joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.