BMW X3 Negotiation - How am I doing?

What does this even mean?

1 Like

Stacking incentives like Benjamin’s on payday, brah. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Always love to see the fart car reference on loaners…:joy:

1 Like

What I find crazy is some of the deals posted here are way better than the employee deals from BMW. I ran some leases for a few other coworkers on 19 4 series and they average out to 13% off MSRP (BMW is a flat dollar discount below invoice). I then jump on here and see 15%+ off MSRP from brokers and random people.

1 Like

High 300’s is possible with 1-2k DAS for 49-51k loaner.

1 Like

This all reminds me off specific folks in high school during the college admissions process…

Guy A: “I’m deciding between Harvard, Columbia, and Yale.”
Me: “That’s wonderful. Congratulations. Did you get into all 3”?
Guy A: “No. I have only applied to them but haven’t heard back yet.”
Me: “Oh. So you’re not deciding on a thing. You’ve applied and have no idea if you’ll get in or not.”
Guy A: “Well my mom said I’m capable.”
Me: “May want to cancel your recently placed order for that crimson crewneck, hoss. Unless your mom is Becky from Full House.”

OK last 2 lines were never said…but, you get the idea.

5 Likes

The Midwest, at least MI/OH/IL which is where I’ve shopped, is definitely a very different beast than CA or NJ when it comes to BMW. I have yet to see a single coastal ‘unicorn’ deal replicated in this region. Every dealer I’ve contacted says the same as you, and no one seems to really care how long the cars sit on the lot or if lease support is ending on them. :man_shrugging: I asked for 20% off any demo 3 series in April from several regional dealers who had 10+ of them still and they acted (and treated me) like I was a crackhead on a binge. The majority of those 2018’s are still in their inventory unsold…

2 Likes

I work at a BMW dealer in the Midwest and very rarely is a car ever sold below invoice. It is good for me since we are only paid on the profit above invoice so if every deal was at or below invoice, I would probably have to sell 50+ new BMWs a month to make a living. But what happens is the unsold 2018s just turn into CPO cars when the 2020s drop.

2 Likes

Yes that definitely seems to be the norm here. If you can get it, get it!!

I checked on those 2018’s I offered on in April the other day. The majority are still there and they are all indeed listed as CPO for 20-30% off, in some case several thousand less than I had offered…its mind boggling.

1 Like

I do not understand it but my dealer group owns 30+ stores and keeps buying more so they are doing something right. This week they also marked down an 18 M3 we have. Forever, they would not sell it below invoice and now it is about $3000 under.

Only 3K under invoice?
On a 2018 with only $3,750 of FS retail support?

1 Like

It’s almost like the dealer groups in this area have come to the conclusion that if even one unicorn deal slips through the cracks, it will be posted on leasehackr, and 1000 gnats from the forum will swarm them demanding the same deal and stating that 20% off is normal…

3 Likes

So the car I wanted got sold out from under me… Lame. But actually ended up with a similar deal

2019 X3 xDrive with Drivers Assistance, Parking assistance, convenience, Vernasca leather, xLine trim. Pics to come, she’s a sexy one. Black on Cognac.

$53,285 MSRP
12% off MSRP
$46,890 Selling Price
-$3500 incentives including loyalty
-$500 OL Code
7 MSD ($3500) to bring MF to .0011
12K/36 Mos
57% Residual
$1400 Drive off (fees, reg, first month)

Leasehackr score of 9.5

Payment about $450+ tax
$490 month including tax

Not including the like $365 back from BMWCCA making the payment $480 after tax

So ? For you guys. Do you reach out to dealership and just say I want 15% off the MSRP? And as far as incentives are they telling u this info or did I find it somewhere??

You will not receive a reply back.

If you do, it will not be a helpful answer.

Or you can get this:

But on a serious note, I’ve asked for serious discounts, got a couple of rude replies, maybe 1-2 no responses, but most said its not possible, and a couple of savvy salespeople said that I can’t do say 15%, but the best I can do is 12%, and takes it, do you want to make a deal? And I really appreciate their honesty

At least he was straight forward and said no. But 12% is kind of standard right now from all the posts I’ve seen. My original dealer would not budge off 10% and told me that market conditions didn’t warrant 12%. My current dealer disagreed. lol

With those grammatical errors I would just move on to either another sales person or a whole new store.

You should start your own thread and post the best offer you’ve received.

Make sure to get all of the necessary numbers (see calculator) in order to get advice.

The target discounts for loaners are higher than for new cars.

Didn’t you already ask and get answered?