BMW X3 M40i Lease Deal $785 / Month

Hi all,

Need advice on this one. Trying to lease a new X3 M40i. Would love your thoughts on the numbers. In this market, and judging by what brokers are now advertising for this model (6% off typically), I thought it might be okay. Im in the midwest and got worse deals from east coasters at this point (looked primarily in NJ, where I typically lease).

One issue is that it’s an '21 in-stock model and not my first choice of color combo. I have another option to order a '22 for $15/month extra (other terms the same) in my preferred color. Just nervous about potential delays or more features getting removed (on top of the current passenger lumbar, width adjustments, Harmon Kardon). You can’t even see the '22 on the site yet.

BMW X3 M40i
MSRP: 65145
Selling Price: 61190
Monthly Payment: $785
Drive-Off Amount: $2193
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF: .00105 (after MSD’s)
Residual: 56%
Incentives: $750 Loyalty, $1k Lease Credit, $1k Ultimate Drive Event
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 7.2
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

I mean if your paying 46% of the total vehicle value for 3 years you might as well get the color you want and wait 4 weeks, the BMW SUVS are built in either north or South Carolina, can’t remember exactly so don’t kill me, but you seem to have a good deal in an otherwise garbage market, I’d say wait for your color as you have to drive it for the next 3 years and enjoy the lease if you end up taking it

4 Likes

Hackers - Need some help here on if I should take a deal on an X3 M40i. I can’t really wait for a new car until the market gets better and I’ve seen brokers advertising only 6% off on this model as inventory and discounting seems tight everywhere now. Even in NJ with max MSD’s at dealers I got KILLER deals at in the past, now I can’t seem to get lower than what I got at NY dealer $805/month. Please see calculator. Im just getting a thorn in my side right now about paying this much because of a market dynamic, but I’m not sure it can be helped at this moment. This is for a new '22 btw. Thanks much.

A few things going against you…

1. chip shortage causing inventory issues
  2. the 22’ M40i is the LCI so its a little more sought after and just ad the beginning of production
  3. they marked up the MF (i believe base is .00093)

How are you getting 2k of incentives on a 2022? I thought there was only $500 lease loyalty.

Thanks, yes agreed. The market dynamic I think is biggest issue right now. BMW is supposed to be the least affected by the chip shortage also, so you can imagine what other competitors are charging…

Your taxes need to be the second button (for NY).

$800+ for a 6-cylinder X3 …SMH

What other makes and models have you looked at?

Looked at Acura mdx 2022- well equipped in the 800s nearly no discount. X5s seem to be worse territory than the x3 quoting from several dealers in jersey. Mercedes chip issue causing huge delays and inventory backup. I’m a little lost on where to turn right now frankly.

I guess I’m just wondering is this just what it is now…? I baseline my assumption that the answer is “yes” from looking at advertised deals by brokers on the forums for the x3 m40i

Well since you don’t need 3 rows look at RDX, XC60, GLB, QX50, etc etc

Look at the Marketplace and Shared Deals sections to create a target and make offers instead of soliciting quotes.

Plug the following into the LH calculator after MSRP of the vehicle you’re looking at:

Selling price based on % pre-incentive discount found by searching Shared Deals and Marketplace sections of this forum.

RV, MF and incentives (lease cash) from Edmunds forums. Add any extra rebates you qualify for (college grad, etc) under incentives.

DMV fees and taxes based on your state’s official website.

Voila! Now check the box to make it $0 DAS and offer the resulting monthly payment*

• preferably rounded to a multiple of $5 or $10 to make yourself seem more like a normal person :innocent:

For instance

Pretty much yes. Considering the marked up MF this is really around 6% pre-incentive, which is right where the brokers are, as you mentioned.

Even in better times with 10%+ pre-incentive and base MF you would be in the $650-$750 range on this truck, so realistically this deal will cost you ~$3k more over 3 years than a “great” deal from 2020.

Not much else to it, if you can’t wait for 6+ months for things to potentially ease up, and assuming that extra $3k isn’t going to make or break things financially for you, then I would go for it.

You could of course look at some other models, as max mentioned above, but nothing is leasing great now. If you’re going to pay to play in this crazy market, it might as well be on something you’ve custom ordered, latest and greatest '22 LCI, something you’ll enjoy and not get tired of after 6 months.

Thanks so much for the input.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.