BMW X3 lease new or buy current

I have a 2021 BMW X3 and my lease is ending at the end of February. I’m in Denver, Colorado.

I’m trying to decide between buying my car (would be cash) or leasing a new 2024.
here are the details:

residual value $30,500

New car offer MSRP $53,500
adjusted price is $48,010
trade payoff $31,000

For 10,000 yearly miles that puts my lease payment at $756 a month which to me seems outrageous. I’m currently at $597 (California purchased) for my 2021.

I’m also considering having one built which would increase the monthly payment to about $800. But at least then I could get what I want.

I’m concerned that $800 a month seems crazy and am I being ripped off? Or is this really what a lease payment is for a BMW X3 new car these days.

Appreciate any input

Take a look at what’s happening in your region. Here’s a link to threads with a BMW tag in the West.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/c/marketplace/west/18/bmw

2 Likes

Buy out your current X3…not much different from a 24 at great cost. Redesign is 25 model year.

4 Likes

This is great information thank you!

1 Like

That’s what I am doing. Bought out my 2021 in November. Why buy a 2024 with crappy discount. May as all buy the new design with a crappy discount.

1 Like

I have a 2021 x3 M40i and my lease is almost up. My monthly payment right now is $781 and I’m looking to trade in as well for a 2024 version of my car.

I was doing a lot of research today and talking to finance folks at dealerships in California and this is the best quote I got so far. Two dealerships would meet me here but they wouldn’t go lower when I countered.

95030 zip code
$0 down
$1,910.53 due at signing
0.0023 money factor (0.0021 i think you could get)
55% residual
$73,270 msrp
12k miles
$1500 BMW loyalty applied
payment: $1,036.54

Rates change per month and unless I place the order this month I cannot lock any of this in.

Maybe a new thread for your deal check, might get more eyeballs that way.

how do i create a new topic? don’t see that option below my avatar

Probably not enough Read time, maybe trusted can help.

thanks. poked around enough to get trusted level and posted topic. thanks for the help

1 Like