BMW X3 lease ending soon - plan to buy out the lease

All - My BMW X3 - hybrid lease is ending soon and has low miles (26k miles with four more months to go). I am planning to buy out the lease and get a comprehensive extended warranty (platinum coverage) when the factory warranty ends in 4 years.

Seeking inputs on the below

• are there any exclusions in the extended warranty that could cause me to spend
    $$$ despite having coverage?
  • should i consider alternate extended warranty service providers?
  • any information on costs and how to get the best rates on extended warranty

Thanks

Generally, you want exclusionary coverage, not inclusionary.

I can ask our dealer partners for warranty costs for you.

1 Like

Ofc. Even the best extended warranties will have exclusions.

Google bmw platinum extended warranty and read up on the exclusions.

Yes it’s been discussed many times on this forum and on the various bmw forums such as Bimmerfest and others.

Is there equity in the lease, I.e. it is worth more than your buyout price? Don’t waste your money on the extended warranty. Keep it for another year u til warranty expires, then lease another one when the deals get better. I assume vehicle is 3 years old now. 2025 X3 will have a newer hybrid power train.

1 Like

“Waste”? The extended warranty is peanuts compared to a new X3 lease and I bet 2025 pricing will be even worse

thanks Scott. Please let me know. Plan to buy an extended warranty at the end of factory warranty which will be in June 2025

Thanks. I looked at the exclusions. I am not all that technical to understand all the details. But will try and read through them. My concern is if the cost of owning the car would far exceed the cost of leasing.

Will have that as an option for sure