BMW X3 DEMO deal (or SCAM?) please be aware (SOUTH FLORIDA DEALER)

, ,

Agree with shipping or hopping on a flight. Tons of dealers won’t play ball, find one that will.

1 Like

For just $9,400 DAS, and $564 a month, you can lease this $55k X3 demo!!

Just a touch under $30k for 3 years lmao.

Also, it isn’t a scam, that’s misleading. Just a dealer not willing to negotiate.

3 Likes

You are getting 16% off a demo car, plus 2750 rebates. Ya the base MF is marked up but only by 20 points…not the full 40. You can bring it down with MSD if they disagree on bringing it back down to base at the current discount.Residual won’t be 57% after it’s adjusted for miles. It will be 55.5%.

What I am not sure about is how it goes from 44090 to 53478 total…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

There are also 11 BMW dealerships (including Coconut Creek) within 100 miles of Coconut Creek. Plenty of dealers to look at before you have to trek out of state.

2 Likes

Tried already. They all suck!

We just took delivery of a 2019 X3 Demo for 36/12 with zero down and 3 MSD for $399/mon incl tax. She has a few more as I recall. A bit far from you, but it will save you a major headache.

My deal is here (Signed - 2019 X3 S-Drive (DEMO) - 36/12k, $399 x 35pmts, ZERO DAS, 3 MSD) from saturday afternoon for all the details.

This deal is no longer repeatable at this dealer.

Shhhhhh… currently working with her on one :wink:

While I’m not going to say this is a good deal, what makes you think they are “scum and villainy” or what makes you think you’re entitled to a 15-20% off deal?

You have options

1. Look elsewhere. If you really want the car bad enough, you should have no issue flying across country and driving it back

2. Look at something completely different.

Just because Joe Blow got 20% off an x3 doesn’t make the entire US entitled to the same discount.

Dealers all suck when they don’t drop their pants and lose 5k on a deal to sell to you, but buyers asking for the discount would do the exact same thing dealers do if they were in their shoes. Try and convince yourself otherwise and you’re fooling yourself.

7 Likes

You were supposed to defeat the dealers, not join them!

1 Like

Close that deal, eurocayman!

1 Like

I’m all for a good deal, but I also understand the mechanics behind it.

I’m not sure why the dealer is the enemy, and why they need “defeated.” You’re bringing emotion into it. It’s nothing personal, just business. If you think with that mentality, it’s very easy to walk away and not care. I eventually get the deal I want. It might not be at the dealer around the corner, and I might waste a ton of time getting there, but it gets done. Never have I called them scum for not selling me a car though. They just lost my business.

4 Likes

Well, since last I checked, forums like this were created for people looking to “defeat” the dealers.
That is the whole reason of this site. Also, scum and villainy is a pop culture reference, if you do not get it, well, there is nothing I can do there. Cheers

2 Likes

Try another dealer. Jerkoff offers like this (not even invoice…wtf…) usually mean nothing but headaches ahead.

1 Like

I don’t know man. I am kinda with @mp11477 on this.
IMO, you seem to be slightly over dramatic about this “lack” of a deal. There are a ton of dealers in this country with a X3.
Every dealer cannot and might not want to offer 20%. It’s their discretion. If you feel you can negotiate more, then go elsewhere.

Why don’t you ask them how they came up with 754 and what the heck all those fees are?
900$ dealer fee…geez.

1 Like

I actually don’t think anyone is “defeated”, even in :unicorn: deals. Both sides have incentive to transact, and it’s the dealer as well. They might be cutting losses (in the grand scheme of things, it’s a win for them - we only care about a single car, they have a revolving fleet to care for) or making money still due to some backend shenanigans we’re not privy to. The game is mostly about finding that one dealer at the right time. It’s not a war though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Right. The dealer I got the 530i from on friday was like look, i am losing money on this deal…and i am trying to minimize it. Heck, he even asked me if I knew of a forum named Leasehackr.

The finance guy told me today that they sold 50-60 cars between friday and saturday. I am sure they made back what they lost on 1 deal AND THEN SOME.

It’s like dating…if someone’s not putting out…keep moving! lol

2 Likes

Yup. It’s the whole “one step back, two forward” for them on some vehicles. Again, it’s a matchmaking game, not chess.

Although I usually ignore the “I’m losing money on this deal” sales gimmick :slight_smile:

There really is a point though where a car is a hard loser and just about all of mine have been this.

Yeah, I’m sure there is. But unless they show me all of their internal financing/accounting breakdown on it, I don’t know (or even really care modulo intellectual curiosity :slight_smile:).

And dumping a losing asset is still “making money” in my book.