BMW USAA question

Hi, I saw I could get a rebate with BMW by being a USAA member. Which I am… my dad was in the service. When I go to click on the rebate it says I am ineligible. Anyone know what qualifies as a qualifying member. Thanks

Maybe someone else can chime in with an answer and I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but can someone also chime in on whether I can use a code given by a friend/girlfriend who has USAA?

You can’t use the code given by a friend. I believe u need your id to match the code.

I would give USAA a call and ask them. It needs to be under your name. Do you have active products with USAA? To have the an active membership you need to maintain a checking or insurance product for example. Quick call should clear it up.

Some years ago USAA relaxed their eligibility criteria for membership, and I joined and opened a checking and savings account before they reverted back to their previous, more restrictive requirements.

I do not meet the eligibility criteria for their insurance products so if they enforce their published terms I also wouldn’t qualify for an auto discount code.

Here is what the terms say:

BMW/MINI, FCA US LLC, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo Car USA, LLC offers are limited time purchase price discounts. Offers valid only to persons eligible for membership in USAA Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. There is no obligation to purchase or continue USAA products or services to obtain the offers. Offers available from manufacturers are limited time purchase price incentives through participating dealers. See your dealer for more details. All manufacturer incentives are offered to eligible USAA members directly from the respective manufacturers and are subject to change and/or cancellation at any time, without prior notice. See participating dealers for complete details.

When I requested a quote for a BMW through the USAA auto buying service, the USAA discount on all of the quotes was listed as $100 (vs. $1,000 listed on USAA’s site for the additional discount on the BMW model I was seeking).

You are eligible. I am a USAA member, father was in the military. As long as your have your own USAA ID number, you qualify. $250 off on current BMW lease. It used to be $500. I just did this with my lease in beginning of April.

Alex

Was that in response to my post?

USAA site lists $1,000 as the additional discount on most BMW models right now (select i3s are $10,000).

The quote I received on a 7 series was atrocious in every way, including a USAA discount of only $100, despite the $1,000 USAA advertises.

Screenshot above and quote shown below are both from this morning.

Trism,

That discount is for buying, not leasing.

Alex

1 Like

Incentives for eligible 2018, 2019 and select 2020 models.
$250 incentive available for Lease and Retail Loan financed through BMW Financial Services. - Exception. FS Lease not available for i3.
Incentive available for eligible new vehicles as well as the first consumer sale of demonstrators/loaner vehicles up to 4999 miles.
Incentives are combinable with eligible new car sales programs* Exception i3.
*i3 USAA Cash and BMW FS Retail Loan $10,000. Not combinable with monthly sales programs.
Program subject to change: Please confirm offer, eligible models, model year availability and combinable incentives with an authorized BMW Center.

From USAA website

So I’m not eligible to receive the advertised USAA purchase discount but I would be eligible for a USAA lease discount?

Where on the USAA site do they advertise the lease discounts?

I’ve seen several dealer web sites where they describe the eligibility requirements in a similar way to what I posted above, although a lot of those also refer to 2016 and 2017 models so it’s obviously possible that these are outdated.

Here’s one example, and the footnote would appear to apply to both purchase and lease scenarios.

https://www.bmwwest.com/usaa.htm

Call USAA and ask…I posted the advertised lease incentives for BMW from USAA website.

Go to products- car buying service- view bonus cash offers- click on BMW- if a unique code pops up, you are eligible.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Moved in error…moved back.

delete please.

When I follow that navigation sequence I get an error.

… but you get a code.

You are insurance-eligible based on your earlier statements (“I am a USAA member, father was in the military.”), so you are eligible for the additional auto savings.

This lines up with the terms that I posted above.

I will call USAA when I have some time later today. I appreciate the comments and the conversation.

Yes I have my banking, homeowners, and auto through USAA. Good luck.

I just spent 13+ minutes on the phone with two different USAA reps.

The second rep put me on hold so he could find and cite the official program guidelines.

My interpretation was correct.

You cannot get a discount code from USAA, even if you are a member, unless you meet the more restrictive military-related eligibility requirements.

OP should qualify