BMW Upgraded Maintenance + All Makes Tire and Wheel Warranty

I live in Minnesota. I know what potholes are.

I’ve been winter driving legally for over 43 years I’ve dinged exactly two rims in that time. Lucky me. Both of them were last winter in the most expensive car I’ve ever had.

I lucked out and was able to have them repaired locally for $125 each. No tire damage.

It depends on the car. I have never gotten a true flat but I have had 5 tires either develop slow leaks or bubble and one cracked rim on my S5 due to potholes and road condition in the city. The rim was easily $1000 plus $400 per tire.

There’s also a bit of moral hazard involved here

What does it cover? I might be interested for my next lease.

What was your cost for the upgraded maintenance? Any idea what it would be for a 5 series?

They tried quoting me $2000 initially. There was no way I was paying that much. I was able to shop it around locally and was able to get $900 as the cheapest.

Is your coverage for 3 years/36k miles or a longer term?

3 years 36k miles

Find the local wheel repair guy. I got a contact who does the repairs onsite for dealerships and he just charges me $50 a repair
For tires im thats easy to replace especially since the speed rating is all that matters. Anything super high should be an insurance claim

The words: “profit” and “friend” never go in the same sentence.

There’s a reason it’s P&L not P&F

You either make or lose money or make and lose friends and the latter is how the industry of “Influencers” was born

I am interested in the W&T protection. Is it from BMW or dealership? If one tire need replace for xdrive car, believe all 4 need to be replaced if threadwear difference more than 2/32 between new and old. Will W&T cover one or 4?

Most likely will only cover 1.

It will only cover the one needing replacement. You will then be on the hook to replace the other 3 on your dime.

If that’s the case, the best way I found probably buy one new tire from Tirerack and shave to match the other tires. It not make sense to pay for the 3 good tires and scrap with more than 8/32 remaining. I have other cars so do not mind to wait a few days when Tirerack process and ship. Any other easier way to take care of the xdrives?

Sell the 3 you have and buy 4 new ones (or 3 in your BMW picking up the tab for one scenario) vs shaving one down. Someone is always looking for RFTs for lease turn in.

Otherwise, shaving is your only other option.

Drove xDrive cars for more than 6 years now and this is the first time anyone has ever told me that all 3 tires need to be replaced if theres a certain thread difference.

That’s the norm with any 4wd/awd car, not just BMW

If it’s a 3 year lease why would a person need a maintenance plan on a BMW? 36mths/36k miles is included in purchase/lease.

1 Like

BMW has an upgraded maintenance plan that includes all the extras the regular maintenance will not include.

What service needed for the first 3 years but not covered by the standard maintenance plan?