BMW Scheduled Maintenance or Ultimate Care plans after lease buyout

Hi All

Not sure if this topic belongs here but I wanted to ask the community if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with BMW service/warranty programs. I bought out my 2019 x3m40i lease at the end of May and now I am wondering if any of their programs are really worth it. The vehicle just got $15k miles on it so I don’t think Ultimate Care makes sense; however i was considering “Scheduled Maintenance” for $1k to cover service costs. Does anyone know how much a regular service appt would cost in NY state? Are these programs really worth it? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Scheduled maintenance is like 1 annual oil change ($100 x how many years does this plan cover?)…and what else? A brake fluid flush every 2 or 3 years ($250)?

Don’t see how you’re coming close to $1,000

2 Likes

Find a good local indy to do your maintenance…save a ton.

1 Like

Save even more if you’re handy. Even a brake job can be a fun and rewarding DIY project.

2 Likes

If your in NYC, local reputable shops that deal with foreigns will give you pretty decent prices.

1 Like

Just find a good local indy - if I can find 3 within sane driving distance of Hershey - I’m confident you can find one in NY. Maybe try bimmershops.com? Or contact your local BMW CCA chapter - I’m sure they have the laydown of decent indies.

1 Like

@HersheySweet @Harry657ha @alphawave7 @gohawks23 @maxgrp Thank you All for your insights :raised_hands:t2: I think I will just skip the BMW programs and find myself a local indy. Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.