BMW Rate/Incentive Locking - Midwest Factory Order

Hey all – I’ve done some searching around and saw different information for rate and incentive locking BMW, depending on where you live. So far, I’ve only seen info on the East and West coast for how long you can lock a deal (60 vs 90 days).

I placed a factory BMW order at the end of October, and it looks like my car will be delivered mid-January. I’ve reached out to my dealer multiple times as new incentives have come out to ensure I’m locked for October, and I’ve been told without a doubt that I’m good and will get those rates.

I live in the Midwest. Can someone tell me how this works for where I live and if I should be locked in like they say?

Obviously if it’s not the case, I can refuse the vehicle and point to the multiple e-mails. I’m confident they would ‘make it right’ with the numbers, though I’m just looking for an official perspective on how long the lock is good for though.

Not sure why it’s taking your vehicle that long unless dealer didn’t have a build slot available and bent the truth a bit. Depending on when you locked in Oct your vehicle should have arrived already. That being said your rate is locked but you may need to submit another credit app, which will be a small hit to credit.

Thank you @JD81 . That’s great to hear, and a worthwhile hit. Oct rates seemed to be the best so far with the inclusion of lease-to-lease credit.

They did have an allocation when I ordered, but it turned out to be the build week of December 7th. I didn’t realize that, so I waited quite a while in code 111 and 112.

10/28 - 111 - Order placed
11/12 - 112 - Scheduled for production
11/25 - Production started
12/15 - Dispatched from port (Bremerhaven)

Also, my ship arrived at the US port in Baltimore on 1/2 (followed on Fleetmon) even though BMW Genius and my dealer still don’t have confirmation that the ship arrived yet as of today. I’m hoping/guessing to have it here in less than a week.

1 Like

When I got my M340i it arrived in Baltimore on 12/18, was stuck at the VPC until 12/28, arrived at the dealer on 12/29 in Chicago, and I picked it up 12/30. But given you don’t have Christmas in the middle of It, it should be faster. And yes, the October incentives were good, glad I locked mine in then too!

My last F80 (individual interior and exterior) took over 7 months to arrive. BMWFS honored all the original incentives, MF, and residual with no problem. They’re pretty reasonable about it.

1 Like