BMW prepaid maintenance questions

, , ,

Experienced something awkward few days ago at the dealership while talking through the maintenance plans. I was offered two prepaid maintenance plan options for the x5 at my dealership. Thought I would share them and see what you guys think -

This is for 36/10k lease

Standard plan - About 3200 bucks (90 per month) for the regular maintenance + brake and rotors

“Best” plan - about 10300 bucks (287 per month, yep…) for the regular maintenance + brakes + paint protection

I’ve lease multiple cars before and have purchased maintenance packages but this is just beyond me. Is this the regular price and do i really need any of these plans? Bmw does come with free basic maintenance, and is that enough? The dealer did mention the basic plan is basic and i would be charged for things other than oil changes…?

I will share the deal info once i take delivery.

Thanks in advance

I think BMW still does included 3 yr/36k miles included, I don’t think this has any material value, let alone thousands of dollars in cost.

1 Like

Bmw includes oil changes.

• Engine Oil
  • Engine Filter
  • Brake Fluid
  • Cabin Micro Filter(s)
  • Engine Air Filter(s)
  • Spark Plugs
  • Remote Control/Key Battery
  • Vehicle Check
  • Fuel Filter (Diesel only)

UC+ covers that and brake pads and wiper blades. Dont think you would need new brake pads unless you’re racing all the time.

1 Like

That’s the ultimatecare+… prices range from $800-$1k. Yes, it gives you brakes and windshield wipers, that the included maintenance doesn’t provide.

As for the other products… :-1:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you guys for the great info, I think i will just go with the free maintenance plan.

From my experience as the owner of a BMW X5, I never used that Ultimate Care + or whatever covers windshield wipers and brakes. I only purchased it for $600 because I made a few quick calls around and the based on the cost of brake and rotors, I purchased it.

You do not need anything they’re selling. I did paint protection on my car for like $200 by a professional detailer. You are leasing the car so don’t worry about paint protection. At the end of the lease if you have bad scratches, pay $35 for touch up paint directly from BMW then do it yourself or take to a detailer.

2 Likes

I’ve leased 2 BMWs in the last 10 months and the dealer financing person actually told me I didn’t need any of the additional plans since I was leasing.

2 Likes

Thanks! Not sure why would they charge 3000+ for the brakes.

That sounds like a great experience, thanks.

Because it’s free money for them? :laughing:

2 Likes