BMW out of state leasing

I am seeking to lease a car in another state from CA. I am seeing folks do this, but was just told that “per corporate policy” I have to come to either sign or take delivery. Is this accurate? Tried looking for previous threads, but didn’t seen this specific issue addressed recently. Just want to know before responding…

Thanks much!

1 Like

California has restrictive rules on selling cars to out of state buyers when it comes to registration. That is likely the issue

Sorry to clarify, I am based in CA going to another state to buy.

Corporate policy is their company policy, not BMWFS policy. If that’s their policy and you don’t like it, shop elsewhere.

California is one of the most competitive markets in the country, not sure why you would want to go out of state

1 Like

I hear you. Didn’t get bites initially in the car/deal I wanted. This dealer is doing it for me in a neighboring state. I really would prefer to be in state.

Oh the mystery car, one of my favorites

1 Like

Good luck registering it.

1 Like

So, can I lease a car in NJ if I live in NY and will the dealer send me off with temporary plates and reg?

Yes and yes.

Ty! 2020 Telluride EX from CT for 586 per month with $1000 down or a Telluride S for 567 per month from NY with $3000 down? EX Has some additional features and 18" rims but the S has 20" rims, what best?

1. Payment alone doesn’t depict a good deal. You need to provide more information regarding the deal. MSRP, Sales price, RV/MF, etc…

2. As far as which trim is better, only you can decide this since you’re the one paying for it.

EX has MSRP for 40,850 and the S is for 40,750. Is it possible the money factor is different in different states or is that just something set by Kua finance and my credit? NY MF is .00183. I’ll get CT’s today.

EX has MSRP for 40,850 and the S is for 40,750. Is it possible the money factor is different in different states or is that just something set by Kua finance and my credit? NY MF is .00183. I’ll get CT’s today.

I just want to feel like I made a really good deal. The EX in NY ard starting at 42 or 43. This one in CT is at 40.

How did this become about Kia?

2 Likes