BMW of Macon -Dealer switched the papers and forged signature

Next time I go to lease a car, I will happily have the dealer forge my signature on a contract only to catch it and fix it along with an $864 check in the mail.

Have to add that to “rebates.”

Penfed. OL. BMW CCA. Forgery.

11 Likes

things happen? why is this post getting these thumbs up? basic ethics seems to be optional if you get a good deal? just because a customer is a dbag doesn’t authorize someone to commit fraud (not necessarily referring to the OP) this is nuts to me, baffling that this is ok. my wife gets mad since i’m so cynical and this thread is the embodiment why i am.

3 Likes

There is absolutely nothing more to it! They didn’t have the color combo I wanted, so I put a deposit on the car and agreed to the terms. They ran my credit that day and again once more on the day of delivery when they explicitly agreed to ran the credit onky once!

Reopened to allow final information from @rockymn

1 Like

8 Likes

I suspect the thread was reopened so that @rockymn can update with the outcome.

Protecting dealers that commit fraud is poor form.

6 Likes

Yeh thats fair

4 Likes

I have updated my original post with details.
I have added reviews on Google, Yelp, Cars.com and dealer.com.
I sent an email to BMW CEO

Not sure what else I can do here.

1 Like

Did he write back to you?

I just sent it so will see

So basically, we are still here:

5 Likes

Might want to update the update date. Says 2020, had to do a double take to make sure I was looking at the right text.

Closing as OP has provided the final outcome of the process. We don’t need to drag this any longer. The post was only reopened to let OP edit to include the process.

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

1 Like