BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

@BMW_Dave you are THE MAN!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting @BMW_Dave. This is very helpful.

Do you have any similar data on 2017 BMW i3s? Specifically whether there is an additional $2000 lease cash and if that incentive is nationwide. [Have a dealer in MD confirming it exists and 2 dealers in NC saying they know nothing about it - but there are ~ 2 I3s for sale in NC currently and dozens in MD].

You have to determine if the shipping cost is worth it to you. If you find a good deal, add in shipping and you feel it’s still a good deal, go for it. If shipping blows the deal up, you pass.

Department of energy says there is a $4001 credit for the 330e. I assume they factor that into the $6000/$5000 lease credits and thus aren’t giving any additional discounts for the federal rebate

Really? I thought the 330e gets nothing there in SoCal- which dept of energy do you see this from?

I think it’s from federal tax credit not Cali rebate

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Federal, not California.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I thought it wasn’t “efficient enough” to qualify for anything.

Thanks, Dave! Awesome info.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing as I’m working a deal that it’ll make extremely attractive if still available.

I found a 2017 M240i in FL with an MSRP of 48.5k, listed for 44k. I qualify for the loyalty incentive and the lease incentive for a total of $2250 off the top. What would be considered a solid deal for 3years/36k miles (so 55% residual according to the chart) and zero money down towards cap cost? Sales tax is 6.5% here. Would it be possible to get anywhere near $400 a month? Thank you.

Thanks for posting this. This is great info.

1 Like

I used a code I got from a sweepstakes entry and combined with fleet on my x5.

1 Like

Picked up my loaner 330i yesterday. Coworkers couldn’t believe my payment. Feels good to be a hacker :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What’s your payment?

Hi Dave,

How does the college graduate program verification work. Wife is graduating from Grad school at the end of May and currently employed. Her transcripts say nothing about a graduation date, unlike for her undergrad transcript say an actual degree date.

I understand that she should be eligible since she is graduating within 6m but the dealer is giving us a hard time with the documentation for it.

Thanks!

https://www.bmwusa.com/college-graduate-program.html

Yes there is an additional $2,000 lease credit on the 2017 i3 here in CA but I do not know if it is nationwide as I only have access to the programs in my region.

Thanks @Alex.

The link I put up top that @Alex referenced again is all I have as well. It’s up to BMW FS really. Just tell them to submit it for review and let the bank decide. The dealership just doesn’t want to write it with the rebate and then not get it bought that way and have to eat the $1k so have them submit it first.

Are you sure the residual for the 2series is higher for 2017 than 2018? Seems backwards.

That’s actually very typical. The manufacturer is more interested in moving the outgoing MY more than the incoming inventory. And yes those numbers are correct.