BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

On Bimmerfest a dealer from Portland said bulletin showed .00166. We’ll know soon enough.

None bulletin update on my side.

Confirmed that it they brought it to 0.00166 for 7/7-7/31. Apparently BMW Financial heard a lot of dealer complaints (not to mention all the other issues BMW dealers are facing) so we get better rates. Glad I go my M4 back in May when the rates were way lower though.

Are these numbers national or regional?

Possibly regional.

No update from Bmw in my region.

Referencing from LA market, so could be regional.

Just confirmed with a NorCal dealer that MF is back down to 0.00166 through July.

I’VE CONFIRMED WITH REGIONAL REP THAT MF HAS BEEN PUT BACK TO .00166 FOR JULY.

Now you’ve heard it from a BMW Client Advisor. :+1:

4 Likes

Is this regional or nationwide?

Thanks for the confirmation! :+1:

Hope the southern region gets the same. :crossed_fingers:

Confirmed x2 CAs. (2020202020)

Anybody have the programs for Midwest/Chicago region. Just totaled my ‘16 428xi convertible on Tuesday :sob: and need to replace ASAP. Looking for either 18/19 430xi convertible grey/red.

I’m actually surprised the brought them back down. It’s not really an effort to make extra profit when rates are climbing across all financial markets. The lowest purchase rate right now with BMW FS on new cars is 4.15% and that requires a 740+ for Super Elite (no longer only 700+).

Let’s not kid ourselves, CU’s are still offering 3.49% for 60 mo, and there’s probably still lower available

Exactly, there are a bunch of dealers out there that are pissed. I don’t find it surprising in the least that this happened, they offered a half ass Costco program and a higher MF, I wouldn’t be happy about that. It’s the time of year where dealers are looking for great programs to get off 2018 inventory. 2019’s are rolling in and the floor plan is getting high on 2018’s.

You think 4% is bad…there are some GM models with 6% lease rates with top tier credit.

MF/interest is rising across the board, not just with BMW. Finding a 0.9 rate is becoming fewer and further between.

In fact, GMF rates have continually risen on most models the last few months.

You’re kidding yourself if you think this is just BMW raising rates.

Anybody know why Northeast, Southeast and West regions all have 3000 lease cash for 4 series but Midwest region doesn’t.

Lease rates are set by the captive and don’t necessarily reflect the fed rate. I think it’s miss leading to imply they are completely tied to the fed rate. They manipulate the residual, rate and incentives to reach their sales targets. They even set residuals higher than they should, knowing they will take a hit on the back end of the deal. If credit unions are at 3.49% for 60 months, there is still cheap money out there, and I only looked at Pen Fed.

1 Like

Yeah, I know how the game works. With that said, if rates are rising across the board, why wouldn’t the captives raise as well. Should sales slip/falter, they all have the option to run subvented programs to offset the loss in sales.

This is a case of follow the leader. If raising rates doesn’t hurt sales, why would you NOT raise rates? Not everyone is as concerned with saving 5 bucks/month on a monthly payment as those on this site are. And with 17 million sales projected this year, there are way more people out there to suck a few more bucks out of.

This is not just BMW.

So true @mp11477…reminds me of my previous life (was a mortgage broker from 2002-2011). Everyone got so spoiled in the early days that when rates got up to the 5-6% range people were crying how bad the economy was. They forgot that 10 years before that, an A-paper loan was fetching double-digit interest rates on a 30 Year Fixed.

In the grand scheme of things, we’re still in an amazing country where you can lease a BMW for under 4% with only a 700 credit score! Merica! :us: :smile:

3 Likes