BMW Modifying 3rd Party Buyout Info Request Effective 6/25

Personally, it’s not worth buying and flipping for $3000. Once you factor in tax, the $3K reduces. Based on your tax rate, you could only be saving about $1500-$2000. It’s a to each his own situation to buyout and resell for $2000. You might end up paying fees to buy out also

That’s assuming the 32,700 doesn’t include taxes and fees. A lot of payoff quotes already include that. So if the 32,700 is the final price, why not? It’s probably not that much effort to buy it out. A half day of your time for a $3000 difference. The only issue I see is that when you buy out you’ll have to wait for title and what not so your quotes will probably expire.

Had no issue getting dealer payoff quotes from them a few months ago, but now they are stating that they no longer allow it? Has anyone else experienced this? Is this another consequence of the crazy market we are living through right now? I understand why they want to reduce competition and protect inventory now but really sucks to change policy on us like that.

Edit: This got moved from other thread. Seeing that I am not alone here.

Your choices are either buy it out yourself to resell (and most likely pay sales tax) or sell it to another BMW dealer.

I am in the process of buying mine out. Almost out of miles and I have offers from Carvana et al to buy it for more (slightly) than I owed to buy it out. Gets me a slight insurance savings as I’ve already acquired a replacement vehicle.

BMW FS has made this much more difficult than it needed to be. As a result, I just paid off the balance on a loan I had with them. I don’t want to support the company anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.