BMW/ Mercedes. Which is a better deal now a days?

Hey everyone,

It’s been about 6 years since I’ve lease a car and about 2 years since I’ve financed my most recent car.

Currently thinking about getting into a new vehicle. Debating whether I should lease or finance. This will be my first true car that I’ve always wanted and not have to settled for. (If that makes sense)

I’m not sure what the market is like nowadays and when I first leased I knew all the lingo and what to ask for and look for when it comes to a deal. I’m completely out of touch now lol.

So I’m debating between a M3/M4 ; E53/63 sedan or coupe;

Is it better to lease these vehicles and get into a new one once lease ends? Or finance the vehicle gain some equity in it and if I choose to trade it in or sell it in 4/5 years?

As well which is actually the better deal for reference if it matters I had a 2019 340 Msport before

Thank you for any advice

Bottom line, none of those models lease well.

If you want it, finance it.

3 Likes

As IAC notes, these specific vehicles you’re targeting are in very low supply and have some of the worst lease programs imaginable. If you can secure financing at an attractive interest rate and hold onto your M/AMG for at least 4 years, that’ll likely push you into a category where financing/loan is better economically than a lease.

But if you’re a “always freshest 3 years max in any ride” type of person, I think you may want to lease anyway just to stay on the steady stream of loyalty rebates. And you won’t tie up equity capital in your car since your monthly payment will be lower… so you can invest that money instead.

Between the BMW and MB choices you outlined, I think the E53 will be the one with possible deals. The 2023 E Class is the last run of the generation , and remaining 2023 units are actually listing at a discount. That’s not happening for their M3/M4 counterparts.

Here’s an example of a E53 that they dealer swapped out of MB Marin and up to MB Seattle. Seattle is doing at least 5% off MSRP.

https://www.swickard.com/inventory/new-2023-mercedes-benz-e-class-amg®-e-53-awd-4matic-4dr-car-w1kzf6bb3pb178707/

Edit: yes, I know this E53 is too far away from your FL location. I’m just pointing out of a MB dealership in the SF Bay Area couldn’t sell a E53, and a MB dealership in Seattle is discounting it, then these 2023 E53 should be going for discounts everywhere they’re still in stock.

1 Like

These are such different cars you should spend some time figuring out which one you really want

2 Likes

True! And not to convolute things, but if your needs and wants end up being too far apart, look into i4 M50 which can be had for significantly less than the other two. Don’t recall which pub (Motor Trend?) proclaimed that they liked M50 better than M3 when it came out.

Car and Driver for one