BMW, MB, or LR?

Hello experts!

First, thank you for taking the time to read and respond. My question to you all is not to appear lazy in my own research, but rather your input will serve as a spring board. It’s been YEARS since I’ve leased so I’ll definitely do my do diligence.

I’m leasing this time instead of purchasing because I am just not “wowed” by anything on the market right now. I have test driven many 2019-2020’s. I thought I’d lease for now until I can decide on a permanent vehicle later on. Maybe another model will wow me at end of my lease term 3 years from now.

That said, here are the three I’m considering.

BMW X4

Mercedes GLC 300 Coupe

Land Rover Evoke

From a leasing perspective, which offers best discount percentage off MSRP, RV, and best/ worst purchase option at the end of the term…how would you rank the the 3?.. I know, it’s a broad question with many variables at play. But in general, your thoughts.

Your expertise, insight, advice is much appreciated!

Deidre

They all suck

7 Likes

I currently lease a BMW and had planned on moving to Mercedes Benz. However, MB if not offering attractive discounts or incentives to win me over. I ended up switching back to BMW. I also like BMW because of the included maintenance. I can afford maintenance but it feels good to not have out of pocket maintenance expenses.

2 Likes

Out of those 3, X4 (or X3).

3 Likes

BMW will likely lease little better than MB. Evoque lease will be terrible.

2 Likes

X4, best purchase and leasing of the 3.

MCB, a competitive lease is possible.

LR, ehh… pass right now.

1 Like

Despite your disclaimer, this does appear to be lazy. If you want an honest evaluation, you need to research each option and provide the details of each program. It’s very hard for us to guess, although we will, at what kind of discount your local market may offer, what kind of rebates you qualify for, if you can find a loaner (etc). If you put the effort into finding the right deal, you could make any option work.

What I will suggest instead is to consider a lease transfer. You can find a short term option and qualify for loyalty on the next lease. (btw why are you driving 2019’s ?)

1 Like

Depends on the dealer to be honest. Most in my area have marked up MF, RV is set so they can’t change that. Go to edmunds for base MF/incentive info and go to the dealer see if they can match it, and if so, at what discount. Bring the deal back here and ask the hackrs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for responding. From your responses. I’m definitely going with BMW. Seems to be a better option as far as leasing goes. Now I’m pondering X6 vs the x4.