BMW m850i convertibles potential upcoming deal. CA

That’s a great price for CA, nice work, and high optioned vehicle. That’s probably the best on the west coast so far according to the forums, I would have done it too. But I’m hoping my patience pays off and I can beat that deal, I have a Hellcat due up in May so I’m ready now or anytime something good pops up. Fortunately for me the longer I can hold out the more I save on extra payments.

Congrats again on your excellent deal. And thank you for sharing so we have something to compare against.

How much are you guys making to justify a $1k per month payment? I’m not a millionaire but $275k income and no debt yet I see $1k per month as just plain stupid at my low income.

We are about the same for household income, had a 650 and a 550 totaling 1700 per month in lease payments. That was a little extreme so I got an i3, but one cheap car and one expensive car is doable. I know it’s throwing away money but I like nice cars. So I’m targeting 1k with a super nice car and $300 with the i3 factoring in state and local incentives. Maxing out the 401ks and putting extra to the mortgage I figure I can get a sweet ride in return. YOLO

1 Like

I would just fork over a few hundred dollars and get the m5, the m850 off launch will be as good as a hellcat with drag radials but besides that on places like the on-ramp you will feel the difference.

While the m5 doesn’t sound as loud as the hellcat it will be as good if not better all around car, with that being said I see the allure of the 8 series and the curvature of the car but alas the m8’s are in the 2k+ region and at that price point it’s better off to get an exotic imo.

The m850 is a good compromise and doesn’t give you the harsh ride of the true M cars. Not sure if you are a vert or coupe guy but both have their pros and cons, however I just can’t get over a soft top on this car

Nothing will beat a good $500-$650 hellcat deal tho lol.

Complicated question lol.

Here looking at my local dealership at an M850IX convertible at $126k at $1900 lease payment, good luck with that, I doubt that thing moves even in a horrible non competitive market like mine.

Just waiting and seeing what they do with it.

I’d take one for 800 right now. Someone said hellcat for 500-600, Is that accurate?

3 years ago the Hellcats were super cheap, $500 per month and nothing down. I didn’t get quite that low but still felt good about it. Paid the gas guzzler tax, which I think was $1700, but didn’t put anything else down and just a tad over $600 before tax. I’m ready for another BMW though.

I had a m3cs and loved it if u can do without the creature comforts

I was just looking at a 2020 M8 in Maryland for $136,888. I’ve never leased a vehicle and always finance. Will I be able to lease that 2020 with 88 miles on dash? And what would my payments be with a 7% state tax, 0 down at signing, and 3% interest give or take?:thinking:

:cup_with_straw::popcorn:
———————-

That’s not how this place works, nor is it how leasing works. There is no “give or take.” There’s only the numbers that they actually are.

I’d suggest taking a look at the leasing101 section here and doing some reading to give yourself a solid foundation on how leasing works. There are some great articles included that walk through calculating your lease payment.

1 Like