Bmw m440 deal check

If you’ve made up your mind, that’s fine. No one is invested in making you change it.

However: You’re not the OP who posted in a feedback-seeking forum. You don’t get to attack people for posting their opinion or basically behave like your opinion is the only one that’s valid.

1 Like

Plus OP did come on to ask “is it a good deal”?
He didn’t come on to ask - should I spend my hard earned money on this car?
This site is for judging deals financially, of course there is the non rational side of the brain but that’s up to the buyer only. One man’s 440 is another man’s X7, to each his own! But in terms of the deal, you are paying a premium to have the newest car. If that is how one wishes to spend his/her money, then buy all means!

Okay folks.

I’m going to put this one down for good. For Texas, assuming it’s $4,000 DAS and not $4,000 CCR this is actually a great deal. (I’m not saying I would personally take this deal, but this is as good as it’s going to get ATM…)

I’m aware there is a disagree with the LH calc despite the numbers being fundamentally the same

6 Likes

Guys thanks for all the replies, there was no need for negativity. I asked if it was a good deal and overall it wasn’t.

Thanks again !

Given the times, I think it’s a good deal for the vehicle, it’s just a very poor value for the dollar.

11 Likes

I think you won’t find many folks jealous of getting a quote for or spending $800/mo on a 4 series.

It’s a very poor value proposition and there’s no need to be triggered on the internet about it.

2 Likes

I agree…Maybe if there was an M as the first digit… but past that, I agree with others that this is not a good value. It has to tick a an emotional (subjective) box in order for one tospend that kind of money on this type of car considering everything else that might be available.

2 Likes

There is. M440. :smiley:

1 Like

To me it seems like he is asking if this is a good deal for this specific car, not if this is a good deal in general. He wants to compare it to what others are getting on the same vehicle.

Considering that the feedback was basically “this is a good deal for the vehicle but a poor value” and the takeaway he took was it’s a bad deal, if this is a good deal in general seems to be what was asked.

2 Likes

Your right, missed his post stating that. Got confused who the OP was there.

1 Like

We all know the psuedo M’s arent real M’s (my M235 included), LOL

1 Like

why do you think everyone who gets an m440 wants an M3 or 4? I certainly do not want an M car… I dont want one , but I like some aspects of it but do not want an M car, I dont drive fast , not into racing… not into a car an 18 year old kid would drive around in but I like some aspects of M so that is why I picked this car. The car is a convertible and I got it fully loaded… its $ 73k… base price is 64k… so what I am saying is how can you expect to lease ( any) $ 73k car that is custom order for under 800 if you put nothing down? and you cant get 10-15 % a convertible… they just won’t sell them…just getting an allocation was a challenge, So maybe for you its not a good deal but if I feel its worth $800 or more, then for me its a good deal… if I like the car, its a good deal for me… if I was so concerned about every dollar I would by a Toyota.

2 Likes

Just because you’re willing to pay a high price doesn’t make it a good deal. If it’s worth it to you, that’s fine… it’s your money, do what you want with it. That doesn’t make it a good deal, just means it’s a price you’re willing to pay, and that’s ok.

2 Likes

What’s contradictory? I took his first statement as saying not everyone wants an M3/4 but many here seem to think so.

2 Likes

I recognized that last part as an indicator that the poster is attempting humor or sarcasm, or at the very least is amused by his own self awareness.

You’re really taking this too seriously. Go get what you want, but posting anything on a public forum is an invitation for contrary opinions from people who will not even be aware if you stop breathing tomorrow.

And I mean that in the nicest possible way. :smiley:

2 Likes

what I am trying to say is I do not want an M… if I wanted an M, I would have bought or leased on, but thats not what I wanted. I wanted a convertible but liked some of the M features but not interested in a super super sporty car, I like something in between… the base price of the M440 vert is 64k and with options its about 71.5k… so given that and the current MF of .00086, no cap reductions except loyalty of $ 500 and mandatory like MV fees and first month… you are looking at a payment in high 800 range simply by mathematics. now others may say spend another $ 5k, get an M… thats fine… if you want an M… I dont want one… like I said if I wanted one I would have priced one out and ordered one…

Yes exactly. And in the not so distant past, you were looking at a payment nearly half of that on a 440 simply by mathematics - the RV was much higher and they were throwing massive incentives at them. It will probably happen again in the not so distant future. Hence that these vehicles are just not ‘good deals’ right now. The point that many are making is that this vehicle leases like garbage right now and we are making others aware of this fact who may be totally unfamiliar with leasing or how garden variety BMW’s usually lease, which is not at all like this. This conversation has nothing to do with you personally or with your lease. Seems like the OP recognized the comments and has moved on to looking at other vehicles which may represent a better value to him. Maybe in the end he decides that the best value for him personally is an $800/mo 4 series. The leasing landscape pretty much sucks right now, especially for higher end vehicles.

You already have a thread for your deal, you are welcome to post your thoughts and comments in that one. I am glad that you like your vehicle and are satisfied with your deal - value is in the eye of the beholder and it’s your own money to spend. There’s no need to continuously justify your choice by hijacking every 4 series thread in an argumentative and defensive way. The horse has been beaten to death on both sides, and I think that there is nothing more to gain by discussing $800/month 4-series.

2 Likes

Take a breath and relax; I get it.

I didn’t want to lease a real M either so I bought :dizzy_face: a used :skull_and_crossbones: fake M :hamster: less than 90 days ago.

fwiw, my friends would tell you that I’m accomplished cook, but sometimes I melt Velveeta on broccoli because it makes me happy.

1 Like