BMW M340 - Custom order questions

Yea. Either way it’s being corrected.

RV’s are mostly where they need to be. Keep in mind that while it’s possible to lease these cars as cheaply as many similarly fitted domestics, most folk don’t get the deals we get.

Correction. Most folks aren’t smart enough to realize they can negotiate and will take the price the dealer gives initially.

hey do you mind sharing which dealership in philly you are buying from? thank you in advance!!

Replied via PM

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Quick update on this, the M340 has finally shipped, and is expected to arrive in the US on 7/1. Expecting to pick it up at the dealership around 7/8 or so.

I’m really hoping that the early buyout of my existing lease (would have ended on 8/15 otherwise) by the dealership goes leniently. I have a somewhat significant bumper/quarter panel ding from a parked hit and run, but here’s hoping they don’t start looking at wheels, tires, other body panels with a microscope.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to be absolutely certain of the “damage” number and pay that out of pocket, BEFORE signing for the new lease? In a way, to keep the old and the new separate?

I’m assuming you have an existing BMW lease. Call for an AutoVin inspection or schedule a courtesy inspection at your local dealer. They’ll tell you what’s what and give you time to fix it.

When you ground the return the fees won’t be rolled into your new lease - whatever you owe will be billed separately.

Hey did that OL code ever work on that m340i? Or you still haven’t seen your prices?

I had a custom order on a M550 that I ordered in Feb and took delivery of end of April. The dealership did the inspection of my old 550 and was upfront about the need to fix the rim that had really bad curb rash for $150 as opposed to what BMW would have charged. The dealership you are purchasing the new car from should be able to advise you the cheapest way and if you need to repair any damage.

I’m assuming you have an existing BMW lease. Call for an AutoVin inspection or schedule a courtesy inspection at your local dealer. They’ll tell you what’s what and give you time to fix it.

Thank you, I will ask for an AutoVin inspection.

Yes, my understanding is that they are buying out my current lease from BMW NA at the dealer buyout price and turning it around to be a CPO. Like you mentioned, they are not taking over or rolling in any payments.

I believe this return process is different from a BMW lease end return process, and the dealer has the ability to be lenient or let certain damages go (I am known to be gullible, but as part of a walk around, they did say minor stuff should be fine).

The one thing I would be liable for is some un-repaired rear damage, for which I’m hoping they charge around $750 or so.

Hey did that OL code ever work on that m340i? Or you still haven’t seen your prices?

Won’t know until paperwork signing day, but the dealership is quite confident that they should be able to make it work, but only for $500. From reading other posts, the way to do it seems to be for the dealer to mark the car as a dealer stock, and then to run the code.

2 Likes

I think your case may be similar to mine, in that I am at the dealership’s mercy. My hope is that what they said to me as part of the initial walkaround (very apparent rear end damage that I know I need to pay for) is what they end up charging me for, and things like mysterious under bumper rock chips, borderline tire tread etc. don’t end up on the final inspection.

If the dealer is buying out your lease, there’s no point getting the inspection done.

2 Likes

Correct. If they’re buying out your lease, then they’re either accepting it with the damage as-is at the price agreed or they aren’t. However, I would suggest strongly that you talk to them about it BEFORE it comes time to close the deal so if you want to get it fixed yourself, you have time to do so.

1 Like

thanks for reply. Keep us updated with how this goes!

Hi there. Did your deal work out perfectly? Sounds like a sweet ride. I’m trying to get into an M340i from current 340i.

Would you share dealer?

In FL but have done several performance center pickups.

Thanks -
Brian

Finally picked up the car today, took almost two months from order to arrival.

Many thanks to Eric Salem (also here on leasehackr), and Kim Huntzinger at BMW of Reading who made it happen. Also very thankful to LeaseHackr - you guys are great!

My OL code that had specific applicability language for 2018 and 2019 did not work unfortunately. But the dealership tried their best to use it.

We also ended up going with the updated July incentives from today (MF down from .00165 to .00145, lease cash down from $1250 to $1000, Loyalty constant at $2000). My pre-incentive discount was 10.5%.

Finally, since I am planning to get the CCA rebate, I decided to put down $366 ($500 rebate minus $134 membership fee), which brought the numbers for a 36/45K lease down to around $668.

But then to amuse myself, I added another $50 or so to bring the payment to an even $666.00 a month after taxes. Finance manager played along, and we tried for $666.66 but the system didn’t like it so we stuck with $666.

Damages on my lease return were as the dealership had communicated earlier, and there were no surprises. I’m definitely very relieved.

Here is the (final) lease calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Here is a picture:

4 Likes

Congrats! Any pic of the build sheet or monroney?

Thank you!
Here you go:

2 Likes